Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nate Diaz manager now Mike Kogan, not Cesar Gracie

Print  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It appears Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz has ended a significant part of his mixed martial arts (MMA) relationship with famed trainer Cesar Gracie.

According to a report from Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's (April 9, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, the Stockton, Calif., native has enlisted the management services of Mike Kogan, who heads Real Talk Entertainment, representing notable names such as UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson and former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal, among others.

Even though The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 5 winner has found new MMA management, Diaz will still train under Gracie alongside the likes of his brother Nick Diaz, former Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, former UFC welterweight title challenger Jake Shields and the rest of the tight crew.

LINK

Post #1   4/10/13 12:16:14PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Everyone on that team needs to leave. Gracie's style is archaic at this point, and the only thing folks improve at there is boxing, which Gracie has nothing to do with. If Diaz and co went up North to AKA, they'd be 100 times better off.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #2   4/10/13 2:18:12PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:925-579
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
is nate goin with him?

Post #3   4/10/13 6:25:13PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,187-1,286
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I know Gilbert has a title shot next weekend and is a Strikeforce champion but I don't think this camp is really improving much. Gilbert's probably the best of the bunch but even he hasn't blown me away lately. How can a camp with great strikers like the Diaz's never better the weak stand-up of their training partner Jake Shields? At the same time, how can the Diaz's have such terrible takedown defense when Jake's in their camp? Nick's always has favorable match making but this is the UFC and I don't think a manager change is going to help him any when Cesar's still your trainer.

Post #4   4/10/13 7:37:24PM