Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Noah Thomas - Marlon Sims off. Dana doesn't want it!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
*Looks like UFC and Spike TV aren't playing nice again. It started when Spike would no longer broadcast the UFC 72 show as a free event (as they did with their last international effort, UFC 70 in England) forcing UFC to put the event on PPV despite a non strong PPV-worthy card.

Recently it was announced that Noah Thomas and Marlon Sims would be the opening bout of the Ultimate Fighter 5 live finale', rematching "the most technical street fight ever" from the reality show. Dana White disagrees.

Steve Sievert from The Houston Chronicle to ask Dana why they're rematching a street fight that got the fighters kicked off the show.

Dana White said the following:

They’re not fighting on the finale. Not only are they not fighting in the finale, they’ll never fight in the UFC. Spike wanted that fight. It ain’t gonna happen. No (expletive) way is that fight going to happen. Those guys will never fight in the UFC - ever.

Sam Caplan of CBS Sportsline is reporting on his Five Ounces of Pain blog that Spike TV has confirmed that the Thomas-Sims bout has indeed been cancelled.

I hope UFC has that ESPN or HBO deal lined up soon. *

MMAnews.com

Post #1   6/7/07 3:10:25PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I cant say I'm suprised, this seemed like a very odd choice for the card, sure the fans would love it, and I'm sure Marlon and Noah would love to settle their differences, but it just seemed to go back on everything Dana said about those guys being a disgrace.

Post #2   6/7/07 3:53:01PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
I don't want to see two D level fighters in the UFC. They don't deserve it. Besides that would be a terrible fight.

Post #3   6/7/07 4:16:04PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
All I can say is thank God. I was really thinking that Dana decided to let these two knuckleheads go at it.

Post #4   6/7/07 4:18:32PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Good those guys aren't really that good anyway and with ESPN giving MMA more recognition and the deal with HBO almost being completed i wouldn't worry to much what spike thinks though it would be a disappointment to see the UFC sever ties with the company that put them on the Map

Post #5   6/7/07 5:33:30PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:836-583
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
yeah for the last month or so their relationship has really gone
i give the spike/ufc relationship another 6 months at most

Post #6   6/7/07 7:19:11PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
well there you go to all you people who think dana was being a hypocrit.....

Post #7   6/7/07 7:29:47PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

He's still a hypocrite for hyping up the street fight and showing it on the show but this a good move from his part. It shows that he's at least a little interested in making this a legitimate sport.

good job Dana

Post #8   6/7/07 7:35:34PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

He's still a hypocrite for hyping up the street fight and showing it on the show but this a good move from his part. It shows that he's at least a little interested in making this a legitimate sport.

good job Dana

the TUF producer was responsible for the hype...again not dana. He is a VERY smart business man. Im sure he makes sure not to look bad or like hypocrit

Post #9   6/7/07 7:37:19PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Stickan

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

good job Dana

the TUF producer was responsible for the hype...again not dana. He is a VERY smart business man. Im sure he makes sure not to look bad or like hypocrit

You don't think Dana has a say in what's being aired or not? I'm very very sure that if Dana didn't want the street fight to air he would've gotten it removed.

Post #10   6/7/07 7:41:46PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

You don't think Dana has a say in what's being aired or not? I'm very very sure that if Dana didn't want the street fight to air he would've gotten it removed.

I think something most people are forgetting is that at least part of the fight had to be showed. They couldn't just kick three people out of the house and then not show why.

Post #11   6/7/07 7:43:48PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

Posted by Stickan

I think something most people are forgetting is that at least part of the fight had to be showed. They couldn't just kick three people out of the house and then not show why.

Yeah but the whole fight like it was some kind of exhibition fight sent a way to clear message of what the producers (and Dana) were going for.
It's a violent sport but a sport takes place under controlled circumstances and not a backyard with people getting slammed on concrete, risking permanent injury.

Post #12   6/7/07 7:50:35PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Yeah but the whole fight like it was some kind of exhibition fight sent a way to clear message of what the producers (and Dana) were going for.
It's a violent sport but a sport takes place under controlled circumstances and not a backyard with people getting slammed on concrete, risking permanent injury.

I totally agree. I just don't think people needed to say how hypocritical Dana is for it simply being on the show.

Post #13   6/7/07 7:57:43PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
DAMN!

Post #14   6/7/07 8:42:13PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Good call on Dana's part. Have to appreciate the fact he is lookin out for the cred of the UFC. Still sucks that they dont get the opportunity of a lifetime but they did it to themselves, cant feel sorry for em.

Post #15   6/7/07 9:31:46PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2