Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fallon Fox releases statement regarding UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by mattjonesy

Well I for one totally agree with Mitriones comments I just think he should have worded it a little differently!

A LOT differently.

Post #16   4/10/13 10:58:52AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Pretty much every doctor who is knowledgeable on the subject i have read about, says that there is no clear advantage for Fox. I originally sided with it being an unfair advantage for her to fight, but I have since changed my opinion by analyzing the facts. There isn't much evidence supporting the conclusion that she has any real advantage having been born a male.

She is fighting at the same weight class as other females, and doesn't have a dramatic size difference, so I don't really see the problem.

Post #17   4/10/13 12:03:46PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So far from what ive seen its been rather 50/50. With the against it side taking more definite stances like "after that many years of estrogen therapy there is no way it could have undone the 31 years or developing as a man". Whereas the for it side have taken stances less firm like "it is of my opinion that chemical therapy would have mitigated the differences between genders".

Post #18   4/10/13 12:51:50PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Pretty much every doctor who is knowledgeable on the subject i have read about, says that there is no clear advantage for Fox. I originally sided with it being an unfair advantage for her to fight, but I have since changed my opinion by analyzing the facts. There isn't much evidence supporting the conclusion that she has any real advantage having been born a male.

She is fighting at the same weight class as other females, and doesn't have a dramatic size difference, so I don't really see the problem.

How many of those doctors have any understanding of the fight game whatsoever?

Right off the bat, Fallon doesn't have ovaries, a uterus or have a period. That dramatically affects a weight cut, giving an automatic advantage.

Also, I don't think there's been a study of muscle mass vs tendon strength here. Martial arts in general uses far more tendon strength than muscle strength, and tendons are more difficult to change than muscles. Its part of why steroid users suffer so much ligament and tendon damage if they don't cycle correctly and don't ease off of certain workouts. Fox has the tendons of a 30 year old man.

If you find a 30 year old man that loses to a 30 year old woman of the same size at arm wrestling, I'd be sold on Fox having no advantages. You won't.

Fallon Fox is a man in terms of combat sports, and it's dangerous and utterly stupid to pretend otherwise.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #19   4/10/13 2:14:53PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Tyzzler

I really don't know EXACTLY how to think on this subject, but by admitting my shortcomings in the technical/physical knowledge of this subject, I will IN NO WAY judge one way or the other.

YES: there may be some strong advantages for Fallon being born a male

YES: there are likewise some VERY strong disadvantages as to her "being" or "existence" as a person. I'm not even about to use the words "choice" "decision" etc...

Her male-born qualities may be superior to others' woman-born qualities.

Her estrogen-influenced qualities (via hormones) are surely a disadvantage to others' male born-testosterone qualities.

It's hard to give a "RIGHT" or "WRONG" answer here, & I am in no way qualified to make such a judgement...& for the record, I doubt any of you are either. So instead of spouting "overly-strong judgements" simply to get props or agreement, let those that are, at least in some sense considered, experts decide this case. AND even if you want to give your 2 cents, please cease the HATE

Chill out bud. Each post in this thread has been sarcastic, informative, or opinion but there is no "HATE" and "overly-strong judgments to get props" for anyone to cease. Did you just read comments on another site and then respond on this one? Your posts are usually very high-strung, time to just and leave Caps Lock alone.

Post #20   4/10/13 3:51:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:
should Fox be allowed to hit women legally? HELL NO

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #21   4/10/13 5:36:53PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:722-438
Chips:

Posted by warglory

The problem is Fallonn Fox will never be a female, no matter how much "reassignment" he/she goes through.

Post #22   4/10/13 6:15:08PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,155-1,264
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
This guys nickname is "Meathead" lets remember. Mitrione's entitled to have his opinion but the way he came at it was totally wrong. This guy really isn't the smartest guy in the world and was drinking while this interview was going on (Ariel even comments on it) and I think he let his words fly a little too much and it obviously bit him in the butt judging by the suspension.

Post #23   4/10/13 7:53:41PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2