Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

trevail's Camp Management/Draft game

Print  
  Page 6 of 23   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>
Posted By Message

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Career:1,229-630
Camp: SlaughterHouse
Chips:
Card 2:

Main Event: $50k/$50k - MW
Co-Main Event: $40k/$40k - LHW
PPV Slot A: $30k/ $30k - FLY
PPV Slot B: $30k/$30k - LW
PPV Opener: $25k/$25k - HW
-------------------------------------
Prelim Feature: $15k/$15k - FW
TV Prelim A: $10k/$10k - WW
TV Prelim B: $10k/$10k - BW
TV Prelim C: $10k/$10k - BW
Facebook Prelim: $5k/$5k - HW

You will each PM me with a list of the 5 positions that you are trying for as well as the fighter you want in that slot and the amount you will pay to get that spot.

**You can not bid for the same spot twice because your fighters are not allowed to fight each other.

**In the event of a tie, if the bids are the two top bids than you would win the two slots of the fight, however if the tie is for the second highest bid then you will each be asked how much more you would be willing to pay for your fighter to get the slot.

**Fighters that fought on Card 1 are currently on medical suspension and are not eligible to fight on Card 2. If you do include them in your bids it will be disregarded and you will not get to chose a replacement

There is more information in the original post and you can always PM me if you have any questions

Post #76   4/17/13 9:07:50PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:919-578
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jjeans,

I had the chance to get Thiago Silva. Strategically, I should have taken him. But instead, I took the money because I know you would cry if I took him.

You're Welcome,
Jake

Post #77   4/17/13 10:04:16PM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
BONUS WINNERS:

KOTN: Todd Duffee (Dan) - Acquired Uriah Hall and Erik Koch
SOTN: Ivan Menjivar (Dan) - $50,000 Bonus
FOTN: BJ Penn (Jake) - $50,000 Bonus
v Erick Silva (jjeans) - $50,000 Bonus

Last edited 4/18/13 10:18PM server time by trevail
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #78   4/17/13 11:32:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,143-679
Chips:
that 1st card would have been one solid event

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #79   4/18/13 12:29:18AM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
CARD 2:
MW Main Event: (jjeans) Jake Shields (-40k) v (Rabi) Tom Watson (-40k)
LHW Co-Main: (Jake) Brandon Vera (0k) v (Dan) Uriah Hall (-27k)
FLY PPV A: (Dan) Jussier Da Silva (0k) v (Rabi) Sergio Pettis (0k)
LW PPV B: (Dan) Danny Castillo (-22k) v (Rabi) Jamie Varner (-20k)
HW PPV Opener: (Jake) Ben Rothwell (-13k) v (PF) Matt Mitrione (-26k)
FW Prelim Feat: (Dan) Erik Kock (-8k) v (PF) Dustin Poirier (-16k)
WW TV Prelim A: (Jake) Paul Daley (-2k) v (Rabi) Brian Ebersole (-5k)
BW TV Prelim B: (jjeans) Mitch Gagnon (-4k) v (PF) TJ Dillashaw (-11k)
BW TV Prelim C: (Dan) Francisco Rivera (-4k) v (PF) Johnny Eduardo (-1k)
HW FB Prelim: (Rabi) Rich Hale (-1k) v (PF) Jeff Monson (-1k)

# of Fights on Card:
Dan - 5
jjeans - 2
Jake - 3
PF - 5
Rabi - 5

Post #80   4/19/13 8:31:41PM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
Everyone's votes are in except Poor Franklins. He gave me a heads up in advance that he may not be able to do his until Sunday evening.

Post #81   4/20/13 11:12:38AM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
CARD 2 RESULTS
:
Main Event: Tom Watson (Rabi +60k) did enough standing to overcome Jake Shields' (jjeans +10k) ground game and win by Split Decision.
Co-Main: Brandon Vera (Jake +80k) used his clinch game and takedowns to stifle Uriah Hall (Dan +13k) and take the Unanimous Decision nod from the judges.
PPV A: Jussier Da Silva (Dan +60k) used his experience to overcome the surging prospect Sergio Pettis (Rabi +30k) and win by Unanimous Decision.
PPV B: Jamie Varner (Rabi +40k) came out strong in the second and snagged Danny Castillo's (Dan +8k) neck for a second round submission win via guillotine.
PPV Opener: Matt Mitrione(PF +24k) wasted no time chin-checking Ben Rothwell (Jake +12k) with a powerful walk off KO in the first round.
Prelim Feature: Erik Koch (Dan +13k) went to war with Dustin Poirier (PF -1k) and did just enough to get a Split Decision.
TV Prelim A: Paul Daley (Jake +18k) put Brian Ebersole (Rabi +5k) to sleep with a left hook in Round 1.
TV Prelim B: TJ Dillashaw (PF +9k) continued his win streak by mixing his striking and takedowns to easily take all 3 rounds away from Mitch Gagnon (jjeans +6k) and earn a lopsided Unanimous Decision
TV Prelim C: Francisco Rivera (Dan +16k) was too much for Johnny Eduardo (PF +9k) and took home a Unanimous Decision win.
FB Prelim: Jeff Monson (PF +9k) struggled at times but all 3 judges felt he did enough to beat Rich Hale (Rabi +4k) by a score of 29-28 to open the night.

KOTN Candidates: Matt Mitrione or Paul Daley
SOTN Winner: Jamie Varner
FOTN Candidates: You may vote for any bout that does not include one of your fighters

Earnings:
Danclarke: 13 + 60 + 8 + 13 + 16 = 110k (373k + 110k = 483k)
Rabi: 60 + 30 + 40 + 5 + 4 = 139k (237k + 139k = 376k)
jjeans: 10 + 6 = 16k (332k + 16k = 348k)
JakeWalters: 80 + 12 + 18 = 110k (188k + 110k = 298k)
PoorFranklin: 24 + -1 + 9 + 9 + 9 = 50k (217k + 50k = 267k)

Post #82   4/21/13 12:55:32AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,199-717
Chips:
So now we can't bid on our own fighters?

Also how come BJ has to fight at 170 but Hall can fight at 205...

And who the hell is putting SD on all the decisions. Really???? 1 a card is fair enough but I'll check your MMA PG fantasy picks and guarantee I wont see as many SD's on your real life picks

Last edited 4/21/13 2:11PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #83   4/21/13 2:08:42PM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
1. The rules stated that you couldn't vote for your own fighters to win bonuses last time as well. I just reiterated it this time to get the point across.

2. The only time a fighter can change weight is when there is no other option. Such as there being no available LHW to fight Vera or if I player doesn't have available fighters to enter the tournaments. These fighters are moving up to fight at a disadvantage. There will be weight class change bonuses available to be earned In the tournaments. It's not my fault BJ thought he had a chance at WW.

3. You are absolutely correct that a lot of picks are coming in as SD and UD. It seem that some players are voting for their own fighters to be the only finishers in order to have a better shot at bonuses. Hopefully we can all play honestly and just pick the fights as we think they would play out regardless as to who the fighters belong to.

Anything else?

Post #84   4/21/13 2:22:20PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,199-717
Chips:
It's okay when its Uriah Hall but in later rounds when it might be GSP, Jones or someone, just because you dont have another fighter in that weight class shouldn't mean you should get the luxury of being able to send a fighter up

If you don't have a fighter in that weight class you shouldnt be in the tournament. It's your own fault

And if Halls moving up to fight Vera why is anyone moving up at all, how about the fight just gets cancelled and Vera takes the money? And walks out being able to fight on the next card?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #85   4/21/13 3:03:49PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:
I picked lots of decisions (including for my own guy Vera) because I thought the match-ups would warrant those results. I agree, people shouldn't pick all UD's to up their guys' chances at bonuses. If you are, quit it. Lol.

The point of the game is to make money. I know we shouldn't fuck each other over or anything but the whole "I hope people can play honestly" becomes a slippery slope when it's a game to make the most money. I didn't pick my decisions dishonestly, but I don't like the assumption that my picks are being held up to some code of ethics.

Post #86   4/21/13 3:14:37PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,974-1,159
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I honestly pick my guys to win in a way which I think is realistic, I pick the other fights fairly, I also vote on the bonuses fairly.

Post #87   4/21/13 3:22:29PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rabi

I honestly pick my guys to win in a way which I think is realistic, I pick the other fights fairly, I also vote on the bonuses fairly.

suuuuuuuuuuuure ray......

Post #88   4/21/13 3:23:20PM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

It's okay when its Uriah Hall but in later rounds when it might be GSP, Jones or someone, just because you dont have another fighter in that weight class shouldn't mean you should get the luxury of being able to send a fighter up

If you don't have a fighter in that weight class you shouldnt be in the tournament. It's your own fault

And if Halls moving up to fight Vera why is anyone moving up at all, how about the fight just gets cancelled and Vera takes the money? And walks out being able to fight on the next card?

It wont be an issue as we go on because everyone's rosters will be more robust. The only reason it became an issue was because 3 LHW weren't picked at all (could have been for 1k each in the final round) and because the 7 that were picked are not very spread out.

As for the tournaments, its an 8 man format so to be fair there will be an alternate bout as well, with 5 players that means 2 fighters each. Obviously, not everyone has 2 fighters in every weight class so there will be the option for those that need to bring a fighter UP in weight. Bringing a fighter up to fill a slot is a disadvantage to the player.

This is the first season and a learning experience for you players and myself as well. I'm sure next time everyone will aim to have their roster be more balanced across all weights so that other players don't score those free slots. For now we will play the way I have decided and then discuss what changes need to be made for next time. I cant change the rules every time someone doesn't agree with how things played out.

In regards to the picking issue, there is no standards or penalties. Everyone is able to pick how they like. There have already been two fights that were unanimously decided with 5 similar votes. That means twice a player has picked against his own player. I would never expect that but it is commendable. My previous comment regarding this was to highlight that if some players chose not to pick stoppages for other player's fighters then I am sure the issue could compound to the point were we no longer see any candidates for SOTN or KOTN. All I was saying is that the game is much more interesting when the bonuses are voted on competitively (although I am sure Ray was happy to get that SOTN by default haha). My comment was not meant to be accusatory or pointed at any one player.

Post #89   4/21/13 4:09:21PM   

trevail

MMA Sensei

trevail Avatar

Chips:
We are only two cards in but if the majority feel that they haven't been treated fairly or that the game is skewed against them, then I wouldn't be opposed to a restart. My goal was a fair fun game for those that were interested......

Post #90   4/21/13 4:12:04PM   

Page 6 of 23   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>