Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Report: Sims, Thomas off TUF 5 Finale and out of the UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Marlon Sims and Noah Thomas will never be allowed to fight in the UFC, reports Steve Sievert of Houston Chronicle's Brawl Sports.

"Not only are they not fighting in the finale, they'll never fight in the UFC. Spike wanted that fight. It ain't gonna happen," UFC President Dana White told Brawl Sports.

During the eighth episode of TUF 5, Marlon Sims and Noah Thomas broke into an impromptu fight in the backyard which ended when they shook hands and agreed to face each other like professional athletes in an Octagon.

LINK

Post #1   6/7/07 11:53:09AM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
This is the correct message to send.

Post #2   6/7/07 12:59:45PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
interesting that this news came so late though... I wonder if he agreed to it himself then backed down when he realized how much criticism it was getting.

Post #3   6/7/07 2:49:32PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
bullshit, Dana wanted to cash in, then he realized that he looked like a hypocrite and now he's screwed both fighters.

Post #4   6/7/07 5:47:37PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

bullshit, Dana wanted to cash in, then he realized that he looked like a hypocrite and now he's screwed both fighters.

They screwed them selves. Dana might have thought about cashing in, but he knows its a bad idea. It doesn't matter anyway, this fight is gonna happen somewhere. Some smaller show will get these two on the card. This fight will be on the next K-1 show right before Jason Giambi fights a team of midgets and right after I gouge my own eyes out.

Post #5   6/7/07 5:56:11PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by szucconi

This fight will be on the next K-1 show right before Jason Giambi fights a team of midgets and right after I gouge my own eyes out.

wtf?

Post #6   6/7/07 7:24:23PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by aznteabagger

Posted by szucconi

This fight will be on the next K-1 show right before Jason Giambi fights a team of midgets and right after I gouge my own eyes out.

wtf?

I thought it was funny, no?

Post #7   6/7/07 7:47:17PM   

crunch57

Learning to Sprawl

crunch57 Avatar

Career:1,574-963
Camp: Surrey Top Team
Chips:
a couple of guys have a few too many and a fight starts, wow, I've never heard of that. If Dana throws these 2 guys out of the UFC then he should have tossed all the drunks since the 1st TUF who trashed the houses and made the UFC look worse than these two ever did.

Post #8   6/7/07 9:10:35PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by crunch57

a couple of guys have a few too many and a fight starts, wow, I've never heard of that. If Dana throws these 2 guys out of the UFC then he should have tossed all the drunks since the 1st TUF who trashed the houses and made the UFC look worse than these two ever did.

dude, you know that in TUF 1, leben and bob gave each other space and nothing really happened besides leben ******* up a door, a window, and his own knuckles, and he paid the damage

i own TUF 2 on dvd and i dont remember any drunken behaviour cause one of the guys in the house was like "we watched season 1 and we're not gonna be like the guys one TUF 1, we are going to be focused bla bla"

and i dont think there was anything in 3 & 4

Post #9   6/7/07 9:19:50PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Good call on Dana's part. Have to appreciate the fact he is lookin out for the cred of the UFC. Still sucks that they dont get the opportunity of a lifetime but they did it to themselves, cant feel sorry for em.

Post #10   6/7/07 9:33:12PM