Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Following vacation, UFC's Mike Pierce calls out Jake Ellenberger, Robbie Lawler

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A recent vacation in Hawaii provided a brief distraction for welterweight Mike Pierce, but he wants to get back to work.

Pierce (16-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC), who fought five times in 13 months before a current dry spell of three months, has two opponents in mind for his return. They're ambitious requests: Jake Ellenberger (29-6 MMA, 8-2 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (20-9 MMA, 5-3 UFC).

"There's no animosity; I don't hate their guts," he today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

LINK

Post #1   4/1/13 6:50:32PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,344-866
Chips:
Lawler & Berger would knock Pierces ass back to Hawaii

Post #2   4/1/13 11:43:28PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
Ellenberger would but I would not count on Lawlor doing well against another big time wrestler again.

Post #3   4/2/13 2:35:46AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:
If I was him I'd call out Stungun. Pierce is tougher, has better wrestling, has won 3 straight, Stun gun might have better all round striking but Pierce has the better boxing. Stunguns only has a slight Jiu Jitsu edge which I don't think would matter in the fight. Stungun is 3-1 with a dodgy loss.

It should be a win for him, a name, and a test for both fighters.

I can understand calling out Ellenberger and Lawler but I think he know's he won't get one of those guys, they have big name value and will only fight big name value fighters unless theyre coming off of a loss.

Pierce does deserve a lot more credit than people give him. He's 8-3 with his 3 losses being Koscheck (split) Hendricks (split) Fitch (stepped in on 5 weeks notice)

A win over a name like Stungun would be the biggest of his career and he's on the biggest named streak of his career, Rocha, Baczynski, Simpson.

Last edited 4/2/13 7:14AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #4   4/2/13 7:09:39AM