Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

just watched the herring vs o'brien fight....

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I would like to see Cro-cop fight for a title after Sanchez (like silva). I think the Randy v Tim fight will be identical to the Monson V Tim fight. Tim and Mirko would be a very fun fight, and I can't wait to see it.

I think Randy is a better wrestler, taller , and has better strikes than Monson. I don't know if he will go the distance, but I think that was Sylvia's fault and he could have put him away from the middle of the 4th round on if he tried. I still think Sylvia wins, but I think it will be a more exciting fight.

Just to add my two scents, Randy's a grecko-roman wrestler, which is more centered around throws, and trips and takedowns from the clinch, not as much diving in for a single leg...

Granted this is no easy task against a monster like Silvia, but it's a different style than Monson's, Randy has perfected it, and maybe it will be effective in taking the game to Silvia...

If Randy can put on constent pressure on Tim and get in past the jab, he might have a chance at breaking the bigman down. Then again he could catch a inside right like AA and that might not pan out so well for Couture.

I hope it's a more entertaining fight than people are expecting...

(On a side note: How much do you think Randy's going to make for the fight? Better be worth it...)

Post #16   1/30/07 11:52:01AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2