Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner Gegard Mousasi pushes back retirement plan

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Gegard Mousasi has decided he needs a little more time to achieve his goals in fighting.

Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who meets Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) next week at UFC on FUEL TV 9, told MMAjunkie.com(www.mmajunkie.com) that he's pushed back his planned retirement from 30 to 35.

Link

Post #1   3/27/13 5:45:01PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Good to hear from Mousasi. His record (in my book) should be more like 35-2-1, if you give him the Jardine and King Mo fights. I think if he just fights like he gives a fuck and doesn't come out looking bored like he has in the past, his best years may be ahead of him.

Post #2   3/27/13 7:48:17PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,900-925
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I'd certainly give him the Jardine fight, but even though Mo did no damage whatsoever I would say he outpointed Mousasi by modern standards.

War Mousasi. One of my favorite fighters.

Post #3   3/27/13 11:29:21PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Good to hear from Mousasi. His record (in my book) should be more like 35-2-1, if you give him the Jardine and King Mo fights. I think if he just fights like he gives a fuck and doesn't come out looking bored like he has in the past, his best years may be ahead of him.

i think you hit the nail on the head. i think mousasi can be his own biggest enemy. we've been hearing about him wanting to retire since he was fighting in dream. i gotta disagree with the king mo fight but you're right about the jardine fight. either way, he has a great record and has fought some big names and KO'd several of them (jacare comes to mind). im glad to see him in the ufc i just hope he takes it serious.

Post #4   3/27/13 11:41:50PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,529-891
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by pmoney

i think you hit the nail on the head. i think mousasi can be his own biggest enemy. we've been hearing about him wanting to retire since he was fighting in dream. i gotta disagree with the king mo fight but you're right about the jardine fight. either way, he has a great record and has fought some big names and KO'd several of them (jacare comes to mind). im glad to see him in the ufc i just hope he takes it serious.

If Mo threw just one punch that whole fight I would have given it to him but he didn't. It shouldn't even be considered a fight if a participant doesn't try to strike or sub. It's kind of funny, had Gegard not been lighting Mo up off his back the whole fight he would have gotten the standups and probably would have won. It makes me think they still need to modify the judging standard.

All that is beside the point though. Gegard for being the most boring man alive says some outlandish shit. Saying he never trains, he'll retire at 30, his first fight in the UFC should be a title fight with Andy (that would have been fucking amazing too). Kermit is crazy.

Post #5   3/28/13 12:55:27PM