Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Should We Be Rooting for an MMA Fighter With Down Syndrome ?

Print  
Should an MMA fighter with Down Syndrome, be allow to fight ?
Yes 10 25%
No 10 25%
Only after Medical data has proven it to be safe 20 50%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:944-621
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

My initial reaction is "good for him, I'm glad he's doing something he loves", but he can train without actually having fights and still love it. The more I think about it, the less I can get behind him fighting.

Who is going to fight the guy? I mean win or lose it doesn't look good on any fighter's resume. Not to mention, what kind of person wants to punch a guy with Down's Syndrome? To want to do that I think you probably aren't the most mentally sound person either.

Are there legal implications if he gets hurt? Is he mentally sound enough to sign a waiver releasing his opponent from any legal ramifications? Some judges might say he isn't should something happen and his family decide to take legal action.

Train away G-Money, enjoy yourself sparring in the gym, but anything beyond that is just a bad idea in my mind.

Well said my man I agree 100%

Post #16   3/28/13 9:52:15AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2