Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hayabusa apologizes for St-Pierre 'Rising Sun' gi in wake of Jung complaint

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If nothing else, Chan Sung Jung may have helped teach the MMA world a history lesson.

"The Korean Zombie" on Sunday took to his official Facebook page to issue a challenge of sorts to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. The featherweight contender didn't want to fight GSP, of course. He wanted him to stop wearing his walkout gi.

St-Pierre's walkout attire, made by apparel company Hayabusa Fightwear Inc., for his UFC 158 win over Nick Diaz earlier this month was a white gi adorned on the left side with a red sun-like symbol. To most, that might seem innocent enough. The Japaense theme has long been a part of St-Pierre's walkout gear, including a white headband with a red circle on the front to resemble the current flag of Japan...

Full Story

Post #1   3/25/13 5:42:08PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Well that was a quick response by Hayabusa. Good for them for correcting the mistake, taking all the responsibility for it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   3/25/13 6:17:51PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:
just checked the website. u cant buy it anymore

Post #3   3/25/13 7:34:36PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,259-1,266
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Am I being silly for suggesting that a clothing company might do a little research into the symbols they use on their clothing before they produce and sell them?

Perhaps they knew the rising-sun symbol could/would be interpreted as KZ did and didn't care or thought it was an acceptable risk? If they had no idea, then that's a bit careless.

Post #4   3/26/13 1:46:35PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Am I being silly for suggesting that a clothing company might do a little research into the symbols they use on their clothing before they produce and sell them?

Perhaps they knew the rising-sun symbol could/would be interpreted as KZ did and didn't care or thought it was an acceptable risk? If they had no idea, then that's a bit careless.

Considering their website says "Rooted in Japanese tradition" I think you are asking too much. That would imply that they should be expected to know about a major symbol from 60ish years ago that is Japanese! Down right ridiculous!

Post #5   3/26/13 2:04:53PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,529-891
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This reminds me of the other mma clothing brand that put swastikas on everything.

Why must all mma attire suck? Am I in the minority here? Does anyone actually enjoy wearing skin tight black shirts covered in skulls and crosses?

Post #6   3/26/13 3:41:32PM