Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 161 headliner Eddie Wineland going after belt he was original owner of

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The way Eddie Wineland is looking at things, Renan Barao might be holding on to a belt, but he's just renting it. And for that matter, Dominick Cruz, too. Wineland was the first bantamweight champ in WEC history. At UFC 161, he wants his title back.

Link

Post #1   3/23/13 12:00:32PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:484-292
Chips:
WAR WINELAND!!

Post #2   3/23/13 1:41:09PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
im a huge wineland fan. i think he's got some holes in his game and i doubt he'll ever hold that belt again, but he's like cerrone, they both come to fight every time. i was impressed with brad picket's hands until he fought wineland. i think eddie has serious boxing talent but is lacking in the kickboxing category. you rarely see him mix his kicks in.

Post #3   3/23/13 2:31:04PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

im a huge wineland fan. i think he's got some holes in his game and i doubt he'll ever hold that belt again, but he's like cerrone, they both come to fight every time. i was impressed with brad picket's hands until he fought wineland. i think eddie has serious boxing talent but is lacking in the kickboxing category. you rarely see him mix his kicks in.

He's looked great in his last two fights. I agree that he'll probably never hold a belt again but he's a tough fight for anyone in the division. He really goes after those fight night bonuses too.

Post #4   3/23/13 3:51:22PM