Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hendricks' hand NOT broken, GSP bout in August?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC Welterweight contender Johny Hendricks tells Ariel Helwani that he is confident he did not break his hand against Carlos Condit at UFC 158 and that he will be ready to challenge Georges St. Pierre for the title in August.

Link

Post #1   3/20/13 12:11:51PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
GSP will ruin him! Kos took him to a split an so did Pearce Hendricks does not handle wrestlers well ans GSP is rhe best there is.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   3/20/13 12:19:22PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

GSP will ruin him! Kos took him to a split an so did Pearce Hendricks does not handle wrestlers well ans GSP is rhe best there is.

he finished Fitch, GSP couldn't do that. Hendricks will knock him out 1st round

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/20/13 12:32:47PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SmileR

Yeah but all that fight proved was Hendricks has a bomb in his left. You can't take much from a fight that lasted 12 seconds other than the guy that KO'd the other guy has serious power. It was over before it began and I know GSP is good enough to not wade in chin up while fighting him.
Look at the fights with Kos and Pearce and tell me he doesn't struggle with good wrestlers.Story just plain out wrestled him too. I'm not saying Hendricks isn't good, he's obviously one of the very best in the world but I doubt he's going to be the guy that takes GSP out when I hold GSP as the best wrestler in the devision.

Post #4   3/20/13 12:55:24PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Traditionally, the jab is the least effective tool against a southpaw. While the straight left is the most effective against the orthodox stance.

If gsp has any struggles getting the td and keeping johny down, hes going to get hit hard.

Post #5   3/20/13 12:56:50PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Traditionally, the jab is the least effective tool against a southpaw. While the straight left is the most effective against the orthodox stance.

If gsp has any struggles getting the td and keeping johny down, hes going to get hit hard.

Yup. Thats what makes it an interesting fight for GSP. I can't see GSP mixing in many kicks as Hendricks is a good wrestler but I can seehim using his HUGE size advantage to push Hendricks agains't the cage to beat him up and tire him out.

EDIT: You're Av is life changing!

Last edited 3/20/13 1:08PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/20/13 1:08:04PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SmileR

the Fitch fight was so short the wrestling wasn't even touched on.

Post #7   3/20/13 1:18:59PM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:
I was more worried that GSP would get KOd by Alves.

Hendricks blitzing style is goin to cause him to get double legged over and over. I'm predicting that Hendricks becomes froze in the standup once he's embarassed by the Canadians wrestling.

Post #8   3/20/13 2:08:22PM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,646-1,160
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
GSP makes good fighters look like amatures. He will do the same with Hendrix.

Post #9   3/20/13 2:47:38PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,529-891
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
GSP will do what he always does. Jab from the outside and score a double if his opponent gets inside.

With that said, GSP's face was ruined after the Diaz fight and I can't even remember him getting hit. If Johhny lands anything he could mash up GSP's face real bad.

Post #10   3/20/13 3:18:07PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:
I don't think Hendricks will have much success standing. I think a solid wrestler with solid standup is doom for Hendricks. He certainly had success against Condit, but he kept charging in throwing wildly. It almost boggles my mind that he never really got caught when he consistently executed his limit breaker move: "beat rush". His take downs looked good, which might work against GSP as putting him on his back would be something new, but overall Hendrick's standup is just too sloppy imo.

Post #11   3/20/13 3:36:58PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I know being a great collegiate wrestler doesn't always translate to being a great MMA wreslter.

Phil Davis more decorated collegiate wrestler than Rashad was out wrestled by Rashad.

Hendricks is a big 12 national champ wrestler which is no bullshit.While i'm not saying GSP won't get a TD or wrestlefuck Hendricks, i still think he doesn't want to under-rate Hendricks wrestling. I think the problem with most wrestlers is they don't care to train it hardcore because it's their bread and butter. GSP's athleticism is what makes him so explosive, I'm sure he can get a TD but can he keep big rig down ? so far the evidence says yes, But KOS and Fitch were also less collegiate caliber wrestlers than Hendricks......Cormier,Hendricks and Askren are 3 of the most decorated wrestlers in MMA. it'll be an intriguing fight, And since Anderson is supposedly fighting Weidman and Hendricks is a clear cut number 1...they need this fight to happen.

For the record, i'd love to see Hendricks stuff a GSP TD then touch GSP's chin with a left from the back pocket.

'Merica fuck yeah..

Post #12   3/20/13 3:38:02PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SmileR

I would be sooooo happy

Post #13   3/20/13 3:56:05PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If its in Aug it will be in milwaukee.
I think it will happen in Oct Vegas

Post #14   3/20/13 5:32:43PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
So after 4 days he hasn't seen a doctor or had an xray?

Horse shit, im sure he knows if its broken or not, and is not just "confident" its not

Post #15   3/20/13 6:21:34PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2