Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Another robbery on the UFC ?? Condit X Hendricks

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by kopower
Johny was on his way to losing, if the fight went another 2.

I don't know, another 8 TDs were in order

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   3/19/13 11:38:37AM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:
Every fighter knows how the fight will be scored, regardless if they agree with the system. Condit and Hendricks both knew TDs are like bonus points. We all saw who worked for the bonus points.

Just because you think a field goal should be worth more than 3 points doesn't give you an excuse to why you lost the game. Both teams agree to the rules before the coin toss.

Post #17   3/19/13 11:56:01AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
TD's get points because of the judging criteria in regards to Octagon Control.

Post #18   3/19/13 11:58:00AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Unfortunately going 0 for 13 on takedowns like Nurmagomedov against Tibau, the judges still view failed attempts as Octagon Control also (Diego Sanchez is another who gets undue scoring credit often for this), when it is the person with the Takedown Defense who is controlling where the fight is.

Just looking at round 1 of that fight shows how bad judging is (Khabib won 30-27x3 and went 0-13 on TD's, landed less strikes, attempted less strikes, and landed at a lower percentage when he did find the mark).

Nurmagomedov: 8 of 28 striking and 0 for 8 on takedowns.
Tibau: 15 of 32 striking and 0 for 1 on takedowns.

All 3 judges see that 10-9 for Nurmagomedov even though he was outstruck 2 to 1 and failed on ever takedown attempt because they think Octagon Control was his persistent attempts against the fence most of the round while it was obviously Tibau controlling the fight to stay standing. This is the issue with how judges view Octagon Control, and it's flawed after TD's too when the person gets outstruck from the bottom, has to fend off submission attempts to finish, and they can never pass out of full guard. Unfortunately that is a win to judges (I'm not referencing the Hendricks/Condit fight in this post, just "Octagon Control" and it's improper usage by judges).

Last edited 3/19/13 1:19PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #19   3/19/13 1:09:35PM   

andre_pt

Learning to Sprawl

andre_pt Avatar

Career:14-18
Chips:
Very funny. Here we discuss mma.

Post #20   3/19/13 2:41:50PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Johnny made those takedowns look like child's play
I probably could have taken his ass down myself too
If I knew johnny was gonna wrestlefuck him I would have picked him to win

Post #21   3/19/13 2:44:48PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Unfortunately going 0 for 13 on takedowns like Nurmagomedov against Tibau, the judges still view failed attempts as Octagon Control also (Diego Sanchez is another who gets undue scoring credit often for this), when it is the person with the Takedown Defense who is controlling where the fight is.

Just looking at round 1 of that fight shows how bad judging is (Khabib won 30-27x3 and went 0-13 on TD's, landed less strikes, attempted less strikes, and landed at a lower percentage when he did find the mark).

All 3 judges see that 10-9 for Nurmagomedov even though he was outstruck 2 to 1 and failed on ever takedown attempt because they think Octagon Control was his persistent attempts against the fence most of the round while it was obviously Tibau controlling the fight to stay standing. This is the issue with how judges view Octagon Control, and it's flawed after TD's too when the person gets outstruck from the bottom, has to fend off submission attempts to finish, and they can never pass out of full guard. Unfortunately that is a win to judges (I'm not referencing the Hendricks/Condit fight in this post, just "Octagon Control" and it's improper usage by judges).

I picked Khabib for that fight, and fully agree with you. I was shocked when they called his name

Post #22   3/19/13 4:43:22PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Kpro

I picked Khabib for that fight, and fully agree with you. I was shocked when they called his name

I picked Tibau in that fight because I knew he would win. And he did. Too bad the judges were too stupid to realize it.

Post #23   3/19/13 8:09:48PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I knew the outcome but I knew it was bullshit. There is zero emphasis on striking in MMA, it's sad that the rules are geared towards a wrestler swing for the fences kind of fighter. This is the reason why striking will never reach the highest skill level in MMA.

Post #24   3/19/13 9:06:39PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

you make everything so clear and logical. Its good to have you back !! totally agree by the way.

Post #25   3/20/13 5:58:42AM   

andre_pt

Learning to Sprawl

andre_pt Avatar

Career:14-18
Chips:
I agree .

Post #26   3/21/13 6:45:42PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2