Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nick Diaz says Georges St-Pierre 'hits like a woman,' wants a title rematch

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

why would anybody want to see that fight again? does he really think he would do any better?

Nick Diaz clearly earned a rematch with GSP based on the performance of their fight. GSP is clearly scared of Nick. If they were to rematch I'd probably pick Nick first round Gogo. Or maybe in the off chance Nick has a bad day GSP UD.

On the real though, had they not taken pictures of Nick at camp he would have won that fight.

On the really real though, I hope Nick comes out of retirement to fight GSP. IMO Hendricks hasn't done enough to earn a shot at the belt yet. I'd like to see John fight Silva though. I think he's earned a shot with Silva. Maybe have Weidman drop to fight GSP. Then a Bendo v Bones super fight. I don't know... heard they are close to signing Fedor. Maybe Fedor v Aoki grappling Gi match again. I don't know I'm not handling this Diaz loss very well.

Post #16   3/18/13 11:44:16AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I do think Nick put up a great fight.

He was battering Georges with knees in the clinch, landed a few nice punches to the body, and several good ones to the head (mostly in round 3.)

I was also impressed at the number of takedowns Nick was able to stop. I totally did not expect that. Nick did a better job wrestling Georges than Kos or Fitch did.

But ya, he needs to beat some top guys in order to earn another shot. Since Nick seems to have a bit of a sense of entitlement, I doubt he's willing to work his way back up.

Post #17   3/18/13 2:12:41PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He's always said if he could make enough in Triathlons to not have to fight he wouldn't, he now has enough.

The motivation he's used for his fights for his entire career is taken care of if managed properly (I know, big if), so unless it's a grudge match or superfight (regardless if you feel he's a superfight type fighter, he's a huge draw, which defines superfight on the business-end).

If I'd been working 30 years to have enough money to retire and I just passed my goal in my savings account significantly, my motivation to go back to work the next Monday would be somewhere around zero unless there was a reason to work where the offer, financially or on a personal level is impossible to turn down.

Last edited 3/18/13 5:36PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   3/18/13 5:34:12PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Chips:
Not to make light of the situation, but once Uncle Sam takes his full cut, he may have to re-evaluate.

Post #19   3/18/13 10:03:35PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

He's always said if he could make enough in Triathlons to not have to fight he wouldn't, he now has enough.

The motivation he's used for his fights for his entire career is taken care of if managed properly (I know, big if), so unless it's a grudge match or superfight (regardless if you feel he's a superfight type fighter, he's a huge draw, which defines superfight on the business-end).

If I'd been working 30 years to have enough money to retire and I just passed my goal in my savings account significantly, my motivation to go back to work the next Monday would be somewhere around zero unless there was a reason to work where the offer, financially or on a personal level is impossible to turn down.

Ya. I totally don't mean to sound judgmental. I can understand why he would get out of the game. I've been training MMA for six years but I've never had a full blown MMA fight. Getting punched in the face for a living can wear you down. No one can blame him for wanting to do something else.

What I meant to say was, I don't think he will want to work his way back up. And he's not getting another title shot unless he does.

Post #20   3/18/13 10:47:21PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Kpro

Ya. I totally don't mean to sound judgmental. I can understand why he would get out of the game. I've been training MMA for six years but I've never had a full blown MMA fight. Getting punched in the face for a living can wear you down. No one can blame him for wanting to do something else.

What I meant to say was, I don't think he will want to work his way back up. And he's not getting another title shot unless he does.

Yeah, I agree. We're on the same page.

Post #21   3/18/13 10:49:10PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Not to make light of the situation, but once Uncle Sam takes his full cut, he may have to re-evaluate.

Didn't James Toney have his entire pay check from the UFC taken immediately by the IRS for past taxes not paid?

Post #22   3/19/13 10:14:10AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2