Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013 NFL Draft/Free-Agency Thread

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by kopower

We did, however, sign Jerome Simpson to another 1 year deal

Also released Antoine Winfield. He was one of the best tackling cb's I've ever witnessed play.

If you woke up tomorrow and Adrian Peterson was gone, that'd have to be the worst 3-day stretch to start free agency for any football city (Trade Harvin, Cut Winfield, Re-Sign Simpson, AP Gone).

I know it's not possible to happen, but I'd literally cry for you if it did.

Breaking News!: Jared Allen and Chad Greenway died in a car accident on I-35!

Actually, now would be a good time for them to get rid of AP. He is probably never going to have more value. If they could get a "Herschel Walker" deal they should jump on it. The Vikings have a couple nice pieces left, but overall they are lacking talent at every position.

Post #31   3/13/13 5:36:56PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Welker to the Broncos. Another nice target for Manning. Loaded at receiver.

Post #32   3/13/13 6:09:16PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Broncos are winning the Superbowl this year. Baltimore has taken a step back, New England lost it's 2nd best player, Pittsburgh is hurting. Unless Houston makes a splash Denver has to be the early favourites to win the AFC

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #33   3/13/13 6:40:18PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Broncos are winning the Superbowl this year. Baltimore has taken a step back, New England lost it's 2nd best player, Pittsburgh is hurting. Unless Houston makes a splash Denver has to be the early favourites to win the AFC

I like Manning to Welker the more I think about it. For Manning, he really needs that TE/slot guy who can run routes and get open. He used Dallas Clark back in Indy for the same thing. Welker is probably the best in the league in the slot right now.

Post #34   3/13/13 6:48:04PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Apparently Houston is speaking with Ed Reed, which could even the odds a little bit. They definitely need to improve their pass defense if they're going to come out of the AFC, they got shredded by elite quarterbacks consistently last year, and Manning having Welker is only going to make things tougher. The Broncos, on paper, look like they're head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC. Both teams in the AFC championship have downgraded while the Broncos have only gotten stronger.

Post #35   3/13/13 8:31:42PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Bubbles

I like Manning to Welker the more I think about it. For Manning, he really needs that TE/slot guy who can run routes and get open. He used Dallas Clark back in Indy for the same thing. Welker is probably the best in the league in the slot right now.

It's a great move, Manning had the highest completion percentage in the slot out of anyone this year if I'm not mistaken, something like 72%. Having a guy that catches that many passes is huge, and it's going to open things up down field for a fast guy like Demariyus Thomas

Post #36   3/13/13 8:33:25PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Toss in the fact that the Broncos have their eyes on Freeney so it looks like they want to improve on both sides of the ball. Then again the Eagles looked great on paper after singing all those free agents a couple years ago and it didn't work out, they didn't have the luxury of having an elite QB though.

Post #37   3/13/13 9:17:23PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Toss in the fact that the Broncos have their eyes on Freeney so it looks like they want to improve on both sides of the ball. Then again the Eagles looked great on paper after singing all those free agents a couple years ago and it didn't work out, they didn't have the luxury of having an elite QB though.

Or an offensive line to speak of. I really think a lot of the Eagles problems, including Vicks, stemmed from the most inept offensive line I've ever seen in my life. You gotta give the quarterback a little more time than that. And at least the Broncos showed some serious promise before making these moves, all the Eagles did was crush the Skins on MNF and lose in the wild card round before their huge free agent signings.

Post #38   3/13/13 9:22:45PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:
In with a Diaz pic.

Post #39   3/13/13 9:22:52PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,108-574
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
KEEP REVIS!!!!!!!!

Post #40   3/13/13 11:23:53PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Steven Jackson

Good replacement for Turner until Quizz or the next starter emerges . 3/$12M

Post #41   3/14/13 7:20:56PM   

spang714

MMA Regular

spang714 Avatar

Career:633-367
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
My Cowboys have done jack fuck this off season...being mediocre is bad..but being ok with being mediocre is worse....get the fuck rid of doug free already...JERRY YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE...WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING????....sorry i get a little emotional...im gonna go get under the covers and sob

Post #42   3/15/13 12:39:21AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah, but they're only looking to add Freeney if they can't keep hold of Dumervil. I could be mistaken, but that's the way I understood it. So not so much an improvement as remaining strong. Not a bad tradeoff at all, but mileage wise, i'd rather have Elvis.

Post #43   3/15/13 3:37:28AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah, but they're only looking to add Freeney if they can't keep hold of Dumervil. I could be mistaken, but that's the way I understood it. So not so much an improvement as remaining strong. Not a bad tradeoff at all, but mileage wise, i'd rather have Elvis.

I like that Elway is complaining that Dumervil's contract is "out of whack", as though the Broncos organization didn't sign it (I know Elway wasn't an executive yet but still).

Post #44   3/15/13 3:28:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Tony Gonzalez is coming back for another year

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #45   3/15/13 4:08:40PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6