Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mark Hunt vs Junior dos Santos is on for UFC 160

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Hunt has been beating up the 2nd tier stand up fighters like Kongo and Struve and now he's in the title picture in a bad weight class. He's just not on the level of the top guys. The quality of Junior's track record is ridiculously better than Hunt's over the last 3-4 years.

Hunt has a decent chance just based on the luck factor in HW striking matches but on paper he gets killed. No chance he wins any rounds unless he lands one lucky punch that rocks JDS but doesnt finish him.

Also, Bigfoot getting a title shot is already sort of a joke based on his first fight vs Cain......now if Hunt actually beats Junior it sets up an even worse title fight of Hunt vs Cain. The old fans might like that but it won't sell PPVs and Hunt would lose in 30 seconds.

I know everyone always has to root for the old Pride guys every time they go out there but I will be rooting hard for Junior just so we get better fights down the road.

I wouldn't say Struve is a standup fighter. He's better on the ground

Post #31   3/10/13 8:17:32PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
All logic says JDS should win, but sometimes people forget just how difficult it is to out strike Hunt. Not to mention, even if you're getting the better of him to some degree, he will likely absorb the shots better. I mean, Manhoef fluke aside, he's been practically unrockable. I think because he's an older guy with some love handles, the odds on this fight might be more extreme than they should be.

Fear the Atomic Butt Drop.

Post #32   3/10/13 8:41:01PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Hunt has been beating up the 2nd tier stand up fighters like Kongo and Struve and now he's in the title picture in a bad weight class. He's just not on the level of the top guys. The quality of Junior's track record is ridiculously better than Hunt's over the last 3-4 years.

Hunt has a decent chance just based on the luck factor in HW striking matches but on paper he gets killed. No chance he wins any rounds unless he lands one lucky punch that rocks JDS but doesnt finish him.

Also, Bigfoot getting a title shot is already sort of a joke based on his first fight vs Cain......now if Hunt actually beats Junior it sets up an even worse title fight of Hunt vs Cain. The old fans might like that but it won't sell PPVs and Hunt would lose in 30 seconds.

I know everyone always has to root for the old Pride guys every time they go out there but I will be rooting hard for Junior just so we get better fights down the road.

I'm not really sure I follow your logic here. If Hunt beats JDS he would just lose in 30 seconds to Cain? It sounds like no matter how well Hunt performs here, you have preconceived notions about Hunt's skill level. Hard to discredit somebody hypothetically beating the 2nd best heavyweight in the world. Might I add, no such thing as luck when Hunt gets a knockout. The man is an incredibly decorated striker, he won the K1 WGP for the love of god. The idea of one of his punches being lucky offends all of my sensibilities as a fight fan.

Post #33   3/10/13 8:45:14PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
JDS would playing with fire if tries to bang with Hunt, but I hope it does try to bang and it stays standing though because both guys are very durable so this could be a straight kick boxing match. A throw back to the good ole K-1 days

Post #34   3/10/13 9:19:04PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Chips:

Posted by oForrestGriffino

Awesome fight. Hunts very underrated. Hes faced the Best of Pride in their prime.

Faced the best in pride and was tapped by almost all of them.

Post #35   3/11/13 12:02:52PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by oForrestGriffino

Awesome fight. Hunts very underrated. Hes faced the Best of Pride in their prime.

Faced the best in pride and was tapped by almost all of them.

5-3 record in PRIDE.

Post #36   3/11/13 2:38:45PM   

alienkiller89

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-20
Chips:
i'm guessing you have something against JDS

Post #37   3/12/13 2:58:03AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3