Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White says Mark Hunt turned down fight with Junior dos Santos

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Some guy on twitter was tryimg to tell me that Humt went back on his word that he didmt wanna fight. He said it was on record. I asked him what record? Dana's? He said that it was said in a phone call but he couldn't prove it cuz it wasn't recorded. was this dude in the comference call. Either way its coming from Dana and we all know Dana lies from time to time so je doesn't look like a tool

Post #31   3/7/13 11:36:54PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Chips:
Dana tweeted that he just got off the phone with Hunt and they had a nice conversation. What does it mean? Who the fuck knows, speculate away boys.

Post #32   3/7/13 11:59:07PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Some guy on twitter was tryimg to tell me that Humt went back on his word that he didmt wanna fight. He said it was on record. I asked him what record? Dana's? He said that it was said in a phone call but he couldn't prove it cuz it wasn't recorded. was this dude in the comference call. Either way its coming from Dana and we all know Dana lies from time to time so je doesn't look like a tool

that dude is like a mini frontrowbrian

Posted by cowcatcher

Dana tweeted that he just got off the phone with Hunt and they had a nice conversation. What does it mean? Who the fuck knows, speculate away boys.

Hunt vs Velasquez vs Bigfoot in the UFC's first three-man fight for the HW title?

Post #33   3/8/13 12:11:16AM   

MuayThaiGeek13

MMA Regular

Career:115-75
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by cowcatcher

I have to think that if Hunt indeed did turn it down that it was about the money being offered. He was pretty damn adamant about wanting the fight yesterday, but I'm sure he feels like he deserves to be paid headliner money if he's going to headline. There's a good chance that this is just Dana BSing though.

is Hunt still getting paid $6k to show, $6k to win. if so, i could see why he would want more money

Nope

My sources say yes.... Do you have a source?

My LINK

Did you actually read your source?

My bad - I read the numbers, not the writing. I apologise however you have ignored my question, you seem 100% confident and have not posted a source

His Source

Post #34   3/8/13 1:21:09AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

you know back in the later Pride v UFC days I was always a defender of Dana and thought all the hardcore fans were too rough on him. Now 6 or 7 years later I finally realize I was wrong - Dana is a chronic liar and sort of just a bad person.

precisely

Post #35   3/8/13 2:00:33AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,031-673
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Until Hunt says its true I wont believe a word Dana White says.

Post #36   3/8/13 6:54:54AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
Hard to believe Hunt just straight up turned this down, has to be more behind the scenes going on or Dana BS like usual

WAR MARK HUNT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GV672xy2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-amrCXbm08

Post #37   3/8/13 12:22:41PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,701-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by cowcatcher

I have to think that if Hunt indeed did turn it down that it was about the money being offered. He was pretty damn adamant about wanting the fight yesterday, but I'm sure he feels like he deserves to be paid headliner money if he's going to headline. There's a good chance that this is just Dana BSing though.

is Hunt still getting paid $6k to show, $6k to win. if so, i could see why he would want more money

Nope

My sources say yes.... Do you have a source?

My LINK

Did you actually read your source?

My bad - I read the numbers, not the writing. I apologise however you have ignored my question, you seem 100% confident and have not posted a source

My source is myself. He has not fought in a jurisdiction that releases fighter pay, which would pretty much equal the "blog" source you posted.

Post #38   3/8/13 1:34:35PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:
Shocker. Hunt says he's never turned a fight down. Including this one. Why Dana even decides to release statements like these when they're full of shit is beyond me

Last edited 3/8/13 4:04PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   3/8/13 4:04:02PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,486-872
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

you know back in the later Pride v UFC days I was always a defender of Dana and thought all the hardcore fans were too rough on him. Now 6 or 7 years later I finally realize I was wrong - Dana is a chronic liar and sort of just a bad person.

Hunt was begging for the fight openly yesterday. Now Dana has some petty, bizarre reason to lie about it 1 day later. Ridiculous.

I think with Dana,part of the genius is he's very genuine in how he comes across so most people say things like, "Dana tells it how it is",or Dana is the most honest guy in sports",etc.

The truth I think is Dana always has Zuffa and UFC's best interest first. That should be obvious. I can't believe for one minute the guys been honest and truthful about everything he's every said when it comes to MMA. Just look at how he treated Fedor before and after the signing failed and how many people went along with it. The n only to change his mind yet again.

Okay i'm sorry. I didn't mean to get off track here.

Post #40   3/8/13 9:24:41PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3