Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

NSAC's Keith Kizer: 'I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us'

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
If Vitor Belfort wants to continue his mixed martial arts (MMA) career while receiving testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), he'll have to do it somewhere other than "Sin City," which just so happens to be home base of his employer, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

That's because "The Phenom" doesn't meet the requirements for the controversial treatment under the guidelines of the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). Any fighter previously popped for steroid abuse -- which is a contributing factor to low testosterone later on in life -- is immediately disqualified.

NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer comments to Bleacher Report:

"I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us. I really don't and I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he's trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment good for him and I hope he is doing that. The rules are the rules and you have to draw the line somewhere."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/6/13 9:36:23AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I'm sure other states will realize the Draw Vitor brings to a UFC event and have no problem allowing him to fight at the elite level. Dumb

Post #2   3/6/13 11:30:15AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

I'm sure other states will realize the Draw Vitor brings to a UFC event and have no problem allowing him to fight at the elite level. Dumb

UFC 152 wasn't a sell out (yeah yeah it's not in "other states")

I'm now waiting for a LightsOut post along the lines of "well that is why the UFC will always have him fight in Brazil because they don't give a shit about drug testing so Vitor can cheat all he wants."

anyways, I do agree with Kizer for once. It's not about the draw, its about upholding policies and not setting a precedence that will be exploited.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/6/13 12:44:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I doubt vitor cares. He can fight in other cities or countries

Sad for Vegas fans not too see him fight
They are the ones losing out

Post #4   3/6/13 1:57:22PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:474-286
Chips:
Interesting if more Athletic commissions follow them, it makes getting caught for roids that more devastating.

Post #5   3/6/13 3:29:06PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'd like to see more states taking this stance. Vitor is a perfect example of someone who should not be allowed to use TRT and should be punished for it.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #6   3/6/13 4:51:03PM