Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mike Swick fighting in UFC 68

Print  
Posted By Message

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Cant wait to see swick again.

Post #1   1/28/07 6:10:42PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Any rumors about his opponent?

I hope he and Marquardt squares off in an #1 contender match if Swick wins this next fight.

Post #2   1/28/07 6:24:46PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
I was not a big fan of swick on the series but he has been really exciting since
Who is he fighting at 68?

Post #3   1/28/07 6:25:24PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
swick needs to fight leben again sometime, that would be awesome.

Post #4   1/28/07 6:35:41PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
yeah... im pretty sure he is fighting Okami at 68. I dont know much about Okami though so i dont know how the fight will go down.

Post #5   1/28/07 6:53:37PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
Yeah swick is fighting Okami, and im pretty sure its for the number one contender spot, i think okami will win hes been rolling through TUF guys(kalib starnes, Rory Singer, one other guy) g on undercards and accually holds a win over anderson silva even though it was by DQ inj that fight OKami took silva down early and was controlling him and landing shots and then he got knocked out by an illegal kick. It sould be a good competetive fight i wouldnt be surprised if it was a 3 round war.

Post #6   1/28/07 7:15:49PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Yeah swick is fighting Okami, and im pretty sure its for the number one contender spot, i think okami will win hes been rolling through TUF guys(kalib starnes, Rory Singer, one other guy) g on undercards and accually holds a win over anderson silva even though it was by DQ inj that fight OKami took silva down early and was controlling him and landing shots and then he got knocked out by an illegal kick. It sould be a good competetive fight i wouldnt be surprised if it was a 3 round war.

Marquardt and possibly Ace/Athlete should be in that mix too. Well we've seen stranger contenders in the past *cough* Quarry *cough*...

Post #7   1/28/07 7:27:40PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think ace will get the a title shot immediatly if he is impressive against Mcdonald. Marquardt and Swick are also undefeated in the UFC, and I think if he beats Okami he desrves a title shot also. Marquardts most impressive UFC win was against Salverry in a snorefest( salaverrys fault IMO) . They need to put him against someone the casual fan knows, and he needs to win, for them to be able to sell that fight.

Last edited 1/29/07 2:19AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   1/29/07 2:18:40AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Well I think Nate actually should be more in line for a title shot then Mike Swick. Sure Mike has some good wins, but Nate fought some top guys in the ufc. Mike swicks only big win is "The Crow." Nate has wins over Ivan Salaverry, Joe Doerksen, Crafton Wallace, and Dean Lister. Mike Swick record is Alex Schoenauer, Gideon Ray, Steve Vigneault, Joe Riggs, and David Loiseau. Who has the more impressive wins and who's a King of Pancrase? So if you go by creditials I think Nate Wins.

Post #9   1/29/07 2:30:25AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Well I think Nate actually should be more in line for a title shot then Mike Swick. Sure Mike has some good wins, but Nate fought some top guys in the ufc. Mike swicks only big win is "The Crow." Nate has wins over Ivan Salaverry, Joe Doerksen, Crafton Wallace, and Dean Lister. Mike Swick record is Alex Schoenauer, Gideon Ray, Steve Vigneault, Joe Riggs, and David Loiseau. Who has the more impressive wins and who's a King of Pancrase? So if you go by creditials I think Nate Wins.

Completely agree
Credentials , yes, no doubt. However , I think this is about what they can sell as much as who deserves the title shot.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   1/29/07 2:32:38AM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

MMath sucks...

I for one would also like to see a number 1 contenders match between these two.

Post #11   1/29/07 2:46:08PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

I think beating Alex Schoenauer, Gideon Ray, Steve Vigneault, Joe Riggs, and David Loiseau is more impressive then beating Ivan Salaverry, Joe Doerksen, Crafton Wallace, and Dean Lister(overrated), plus mikex swicks fights minus the loaiseau fight have been in impressive fashion

Post #12   1/29/07 2:54:30PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Posted by aceprone

I think beating Alex Schoenauer, Gideon Ray, Steve Vigneault, Joe Riggs, and David Loiseau is more impressive then beating Ivan Salaverry, Joe Doerksen, Crafton Wallace, and Dean Lister(overrated), plus mikex swicks fights minus the loaiseau fight have been in impressive fashion

Nate has done a hell of alot more than just beat Salaverry and co remember.

Post #13   1/29/07 3:48:09PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,918-1,173
Chips:
Nate should be the number 1 contender

Post #14   1/29/07 4:42:31PM   

Brutalknees

Learning to Sprawl

Brutalknees Avatar

Career:801-522
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Okami vs Swick should be a good fight, but I think Okami will win it.

Nate Marquardt should be in line for a title shot soon as well, he has been doing good and needs to get his due.

Post #15   1/29/07 4:44:12PM