Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Takanori Gomi was ridiculously robbed by the jury !

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

andre_pt

Learning to Sprawl

andre_pt Avatar

Career:14-18
Chips:
Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez

Round 1: Sanchez rushes across and takes the center of the cage. Gomi inches forward. Sanchez misses and Gomi lands a counter right hand. Sanchez answers with a left hand to the body. Gomi lands a right hand counter. Gomi switches stances. Sanchez circles on the outside. Gome lands a left hand as Sanchez moved in. Sanchez accidentally lands a kick to the groin. The fight is restarted. Sanchez moves in with a right hand and secures a takedown. Gomi scrambles back to his feet and pushes Sanchez away. Sanchez lands a kick to the body. Gomi goes to the body with a right hand. Gomi moving forward. He lands to the body. Gomi lands a knee but Sanchez eats it and secures a takedown. Sanchez goes for a knee bar, but Gomi defends and gets to this feet. Gomi lands a hard right hand to the body. Gomi lands a right hand on the inside. Gomi delivers a kick to the body. Sanchez catches it and powers through for a takedown at the bell. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Gomi.

Round 2: Gomi lands his jab to start the second round. Gomi moves in and lands to the body with a right hand. Sanchez circles on the outside. Sanchez drops for a takedown but Gomi shakes it off. Gomi landing his jab often. He goes to the body of Sanchez. Sanchez lands a kick to the groin and the referee warns him that he’s going to take a point if he does it again. Sanchez lands a kick to the body. Gomi continues to work the body of Sanchez with punches. Gomi is the one dictating the pace. Sanchez lands a right hook. They exchange jabs. Sanchez delivers a knee to the body. Gomi starts to pepper Sanchez’ lead leg. Sanchez lands a right hand. Gomi lands a solid right hand. Sanchez’ corner calls for him to get the fight to the ground. Sanchez lands a kick to the body, and another. Gomi moves in with a combination. Sanchez goes to the body with a shot. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Gomi but could go either way.

Round 3: Sanchez runs to the center of the cage. Gomi lands his jab. Sanchez circles on the outside. Gomi stalks him. Gomi goes to the body with a right hand. Gomi switches stances. Gomi lands an inside leg kick. Sanchez steps in with a stiff jab followed by a leg kick. Sanchez lands a left hand. Gomi steps in with a straight right hand. Gomi continues to switch stances. He moves in behind his jab. Sanchez answers with a body kick. Two minutes remain in the round. Sanchez delivers another hard kick to the body. He drops for a takedown but Gome successfully sprawls. Gomi lands a counter right hand. Diego lands an outside leg kick. Sanchez clinches but Gomi pushes him away. Gomi lands a left hand. They exchange at the bell against the cage. Gomi uses head movement to make Sanchez miss. MMAWeekly scores the round 10-9 for Sanchez.

The judges score the fight for Sanchez by split decision. The scorecards read 29-28, 28-29, and 29-28.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 3/3/13 12:27AM server time by andre_pt
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/3/13 12:26:29AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
mmaweekly decides fights now? It was close, had it for Gomi, but close, not a robbery

Post #2   3/3/13 12:46:31AM   

andre_pt

Learning to Sprawl

andre_pt Avatar

Career:14-18
Chips:
If you thought this was a good call you're outing yourself as someone who doesn't know anything at all about fighting just my opinion.

Post #3   3/3/13 12:50:44AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Chips:
I've seen a lot shittier decisions than this
I had split decision. Sanchez should have went for more takedowns

Post #4   3/3/13 1:25:10AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by andre_pt

If you thought this was a good call you're outing yourself as someone who doesn't know anything at all about fighting just my opinion.

I thought Diego won rd1 & rd2 and I know lots about this sport ask around

Post #5   3/3/13 1:27:24AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
your run down even says rd 2 could go either way

Post #6   3/3/13 1:30:12AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

How can one man have a split decision?

Post #7   3/3/13 1:31:00AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,126-876
Chips:

Posted by postman

everyone has asked him that a million times. but he doesnt answer as he never comes back to threads he posts except once in a blue moon.

Post #8   3/3/13 1:43:40AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tmas

Posted by postman

everyone has asked him that a million times. but he doesnt answer as he never comes back to threads he posts except once in a blue moon.

I'm aware i'm not letting him get away with it though. One thing I know to be true is one man can not award a split dec. Its not possible. So every time I see it no matter who posts it I'm calling them out on it. When I joined this site I got my ass handed to me and I learned you don't post shit that makes you look like a jackass. Its what made me love this place.

Post #9   3/3/13 1:52:17AM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by tmas

Posted by postman

I'm aware i'm not letting him get away with it though. One thing I know to be true is one man can not award a split dec. Its not possible. So every time I see it no matter who posts it I'm calling them out on it. When I joined this site I got my ass handed to me and I learned you don't post shit that makes you look like a jackass. Its what made me love this place.

I don't know why but that rant just added to my high I'm having right now after watching a legend and one of my idols win. Wanderlei "Fuckin" Silva.

Anyway, I'm thinking when he said that he had split decision he meant that's what he picked here on the PG. That's the only logical explanation.

Post #10   3/3/13 2:16:06AM   

TheShaman

MMA Regular

TheShaman Avatar

Career:569-380
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I noticed that Florian (commentating) mostly avoided mentioning Sanchez's punches, including the one that wobbled Gomi. I guess the judges weren't listening to the ringside commentators I think it was a very close fight though, and both fighters seemed unusually apprehensive.

The stats have Gomi throwing and landing more strikes in every round, but Sanchez with the takedowns. I had both fighters landing an equal amount of what I would call significant strikes. I honestly didn't know who the winner was going to be, and would have even accepted a draw.

When reviewing a fight, after watching it outright, I prefer to focus solely on one fighter and only pay attention to that one fighter's punches and performance... Then watch the fight again, focusing solely on the other fighter. That helps take away a lot of the bias by forcing yourself to acknowledge everything that each fighter does.

Last edited 3/3/13 2:22AM server time by TheShaman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   3/3/13 2:19:56AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by andre_pt

Says the guy who went 1-10 on tonights card.

Post #12   3/3/13 2:35:19AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by postman

Posted by tmas

Posted by postman

I don't know why but that rant just added to my high I'm having right now after watching a legend and one of my idols win. Wanderlei "Fuckin" Silva.

Anyway, I'm thinking when he said that he had split decision he meant that's what he picked here on the PG. That's the only logical explanation.

You could be right about the game

Post #13   3/3/13 2:37:56AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by andre_pt

Says the guy who went 1-10 on tonights card.

Well that settles that.

Post #14   3/3/13 2:39:41AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Chips:
i thought gomi had it, but wasn't near the fight where kampmann got robbed against diego.

Post #15   3/3/13 2:41:42AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3