Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

This place is dying?

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Posted by Shawn91111

DcRage is what happened

That idiot killed the forums, but he didn't contribute to the pickers.

It goes hand in hand. The people who posted, also picked. Its word of mouth as well. Ive seen first hand the mass amount of former members on another board that had been banned, ones that still played and eventually left etc.

Post #16   3/1/13 11:25:36PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Also, I think the motivation behind DCRage was..."We are so big. So many members. We can take the hit. We will never die". Now the place is dead...not due to him, but his thinking was flawed. He banned based on post, not member. Uh, oh, I don't like that post...banned for life. Rather than, oh wait, I don't like this post, but this has been a consistently good poster for years, I think I'll delete him and let him know I thought it was inappropriate. Screw that guy.

I was here since 2007, I loved this place. Most intellegent posters anywhere...and they are sensible, smart, and laid back. Not wild crazy bafoons like Sherdog, or stuck up elitists like MMAweely...just normal friendly people. Its like I'm constantly in a bar watching the fights. Anyhow, I never made a bad post, was never warned, had a great relationship with everyone...then one day I made a post that DCRage didn't like...I was banned for life. Just like that. I left and didn't come back for almost a year, I was like, I loved this place, I loved the people, and they just banned me like I was nothing. Wow.

The post that got me banned was the Justin Eiler's is murdered post. I wrote a nice little paragraph about how I appreciated Eilers, and how sad I was to see him go. I wrote RIP Justin Eilers, then underneat that I put "...this is why white peopel shouldn't celebrate X-mas"

The mood was so depressing I was trying to lighten it, by making a crack at how the majority of all crimes committed on holidays are by middle-upper class white families, where as on non-holiday days its just the opposite. But nope, DCRage completly ignore my intention, completly ignore the paragraph claiming Eilers to be a great fighter, and my entire track history and banned me for life...screw that elitist, snobby, pathetic man.

...but the fact remains. DCRage is not to blame for the lack of traffic. I thinks its a combination of more MMA Fantasy outlets to choose from, and too many UFC events to keep up with,

Post #17   3/1/13 11:39:07PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

It's probably because of the amount of events with a new fight card nearly every week. UFC used to only have about 5 events per year, then in 2005 it jumped to 10 cards, which then rose in 2006-2009 to about 18-20 cards per year. The past couple years have risen dramatically with 27 events in 2011 and 32 in 2012. It's hard to keep up with every card, especially some of these weak PPV's that were expected to care about, much less pay for, like UFC 147 Silva-Franklin 2 (Co-Main Werdum-Russow) the day after the Maynard-Guida free card.

I would say this, and the other sites available to make picks.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #18   3/1/13 11:50:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,276-1,203
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Also, I think the motivation behind DCRage was..."We are so big. So many members. We can take the hit. We will never die". Now the place is dead...not due to him, but his thinking was flawed. He banned based on post, not member. Uh, oh, I don't like that post...banned for life. Rather than, oh wait, I don't like this post, but this has been a consistently good poster for years, I think I'll delete him and let him know I thought it was inappropriate. Screw that guy.

I was here since 2007, I loved this place. Most intellegent posters anywhere...and they are sensible, smart, and laid back. Not wild crazy bafoons like Sherdog, or stuck up elitists like MMAweely...just normal friendly people. Its like I'm constantly in a bar watching the fights. Anyhow, I never made a bad post, was never warned, had a great relationship with everyone...then one day I made a post that DCRage didn't like...I was banned for life. Just like that. I left and didn't come back for almost a year, I was like, I loved this place, I loved the people, and they just banned me like I was nothing. Wow.

The post that got me banned was the Justin Eiler's is murdered post. I wrote a nice little paragraph about how I appreciated Eilers, and how sad I was to see him go. I wrote RIP Justin Eilers, then underneat that I put "...this is why white peopel shouldn't celebrate X-mas"

The mood was so depressing I was trying to lighten it, by making a crack at how the majority of all crimes committed on holidays are by middle-upper class white families, where as on non-holiday days its just the opposite. But nope, DCRage completly ignore my intention, completly ignore the paragraph claiming Eilers to be a great fighter, and my entire track history and banned me for life...screw that elitist, snobby, pathetic man.

...but the fact remains. DCRage is not to blame for the lack of traffic. I thinks its a combination of more MMA Fantasy outlets to choose from, and too many UFC events to keep up with,

I remember that and it sucks that it ever happened. That's not even worthy of a warning, in my opinion. But what's done is done. I can only offer an apology from my end even though I didn't become a mod until DC left.

Post #19   3/1/13 11:53:50PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Did ya"ll see Fleeks twitter comment on Fuel (Chael) Tv??

I did! - - this place ain't dead....the fat has been trimmed, that's all.

Post #20   3/2/13 12:03:38AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,581-1,383
Chips:
Where else can you win money on a free mma site? I've never tried any other site besides tapology but that was just too much to keep up with, 20+ fight cards per week is a little intense.

Post #21   3/2/13 1:18:51AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I can only speak for myself but between persona and prfessional issues but most of all I have no clue who these guys are anymore. It might be me not paying attention as much. I lean more towardsthe UFC roster is bloated. Thr prelims are like league 2 events....if notharder to pick. Hate me if u want but I never once had an issue with DC rage. I was blown away by the hate he caught. When he went on this rampage did he own the site? how did he have himself have enough power to catch this much blame for the sites lull? Please give me a break im hammered and on my cell. I still lpve the boards.

Post #22   3/2/13 2:00:09AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

MMAPlayground.com never die!!

Post #23   3/2/13 3:38:03AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I think that server problem the site had a few months ago that lasted about a month might be a more recent factor too.

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by pmoney

MMAPlayground.com never die!!

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   3/2/13 4:23:20AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,459-835
Chips:
if this site dies, im going to have so much free time on my hands.....i wouldn't know what to do w/ myself

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #25   3/2/13 5:09:21AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,474-1,783
Chips:
I use 2 or 3 sites for my MMA fix, and to be fair Playground blows them out of the water, I check the others twice a week, this one a few times a day, its so much friendlier and with fun forums stacked with great people, spread the word I say

Post #26   3/2/13 5:37:34AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What tweet of mine was on FUEL?

Post #27   3/2/13 7:30:24AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

WAR SIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! #UFConFUEL

The story about @sonnench's mom almost shooting Okami is GOLDEN. So funny. #UFConFUEL

Post #28   3/2/13 8:52:06AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

WAR SIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! #UFConFUEL

The story about @sonnench's mom almost shooting Okami is GOLDEN. So funny. #UFConFUEL

Ha. Nice.

Post #29   3/2/13 8:56:04AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Chips:
Just promote it however you can guys. I stand up for the PG on the MMA Podcast, heck I'll start advertising it on MMA Memes on Facebook when the next season rolls round.

I think it can start getting a bit tedious when theres cards every weekend and fights such as:
Kyung-Ho Kang vs Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres
Kazuki Tokudome vs Cristiano Marcello

and the most important bout on the card is:
Hyun Gyu "Ace" Lim vs Marcelo "Magrao" Guimaraes

For people who aren't obsessed with the game picking can become a chore

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #30   3/2/13 11:27:50AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4