Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'd go for Hendo vs Hunt.

Post #16   3/1/13 7:47:52PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

i am an official dan henderson hater and i hope he loses every fight from here on out until his retirement

haters gonna hate

Last edited 3/1/13 8:01PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   3/1/13 8:00:49PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Travesty145

i am an official dan henderson hater and i hope he loses every fight from here on out until his retirement

haters gonna hate

dont mind if i do

Post #18   3/1/13 8:27:12PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There are Hendo haters? The fuck

Post #19   3/1/13 9:06:33PM   

Tyzzler

MMA Regular

Tyzzler Avatar

Career:291-233
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything

Really? Because it seems like that's all you've done since the Machida fight is bitch. About Machida's "non-fighting", about the judges, about Zuffas "inability" to give you more frequent fights against more prestigious high-ranked fighters.

Yes I am now very close to being a card-carrying "Hendo Hater." He's a straight up dick that bitches all the time now. He "out-assholed" Bisping on their season of TUF & that's an accomplishment. I have a friend who was on his team that season & says he was completely uninterested in his figters, the show, matchups, & everything apart from his fight with Bisping & his own training for that. If not for his "H-Bomb" he would have lost a lot of his fights in the last couple years. One fight for sure, is the Feijao one, I was front row & Feijao had a better gameplan, better conditioning, & would have easily beat Hendo , if not for 1 big overhand right. Yes, that is part of fighting, but I see something like Machida's "non-fighting" against all of the top guys he's beat as A LOT more impressive than the fact he can end fights regardless of gameplan or if he's winning the fight due to a God-given talent of being able to end a fight with one right hand shot at any time. I mean shit, even Kimbo has that. Ok, not the best example lol but you have to see what I'm getting at.

Last edited 3/1/13 10:39PM server time by tyzzler

Post #20   3/1/13 10:38:45PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,008-534
Chips:
UFC on Fox 8 - Hendo vs Fedor II

Post #21   3/2/13 12:16:14AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,703-1,488
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Hendo vs Big Country now lets see that Dana

Post #22   3/2/13 12:22:46AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,184-1,486
Chips:
Personally, I don't really think Hendo deserves a big heavyweight superfight. Too bad Big Country wasn't free though. That would be a downright war.

Post #23   3/2/13 3:51:49AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i like fighters based on their actions inside the cage or ring, not outside of it

the only exceptions are rapists, bullies & criminals. other than that, i dont care if theyre assholes.

Last edited 3/2/13 5:00AM server time by Poor_Franklin
2 total post edits

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #24   3/2/13 4:57:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Chips:
He has so many fights left

Lil nog and wandy rematches
Texeira
Evans

Also middleweight fights

I do believe this is his last year. He will fight two more times one against Evans
Second maybe bisping rematch

Post #25   3/2/13 7:42:08AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
He isnt dropping to MW unless its for a title shot.

Post #26   3/2/13 12:39:29PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything

Really? Because it seems like that's all you've done since the Machida fight is bitch. About Machida's "non-fighting", about the judges, about Zuffas "inability" to give you more frequent fights against more prestigious high-ranked fighters.

Yes I am now very close to being a card-carrying "Hendo Hater." He's a straight up dick that bitches all the time now. He "out-assholed" Bisping on their season of TUF & that's an accomplishment. I have a friend who was on his team that season & says he was completely uninterested in his figters, the show, matchups, & everything apart from his fight with Bisping & his own training for that. If not for his "H-Bomb" he would have lost a lot of his fights in the last couple years. One fight for sure, is the Feijao one, I was front row & Feijao had a better gameplan, better conditioning, & would have easily beat Hendo , if not for 1 big overhand right. Yes, that is part of fighting, but I see something like Machida's "non-fighting" against all of the top guys he's beat as A LOT more impressive than the fact he can end fights regardless of gameplan or if he's winning the fight due to a God-given talent of being able to end a fight with one right hand shot at any time. I mean shit, even Kimbo has that. Ok, not the best example lol but you have to see what I'm getting at.

Really? did Hendo squirt water at Johnson, or was that Bisping? Did Hendo act like a baby because he didnt want to change the training times when they were allowed to change them or was that Bisping? I could go on and on about the douche things Bisping did in that season of TUF. Look at how Hendo coached that season and the gameplans he installed. His team never followed them, he would say one thing they needed to do to win the fight and they never did them. And stop with the "If he didnt land that one shot" bullshit that the opponent would have won. If all he has is "1 shot", then it would be very easy to gameplan for it. Hendo won the 2nd round of the Feijao fight and didnt land the big right until the 3rd, he was doing fine.

Post #27   3/2/13 12:45:30PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

Really? did Hendo squirt water at Johnson, or was that Bisping? Did Hendo act like a baby because he didnt want to change the training times when they were allowed to change them or was that Bisping? I could go on and on about the douche things Bisping did in that season of TUF. Look at how Hendo coached that season and the gameplans he installed. His team never followed them, he would say one thing they needed to do to win the fight and they never did them. And stop with the "If he didnt land that one shot" bullshit that the opponent would have won. If all he has is "1 shot", then it would be very easy to gameplan for it. Hendo won the 2nd round of the Feijao fight and didnt land the big right until the 3rd, he was doing fine.

u r incorrect ^

Post #28   3/2/13 2:04:57PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,266-846
Chips:
I agree with the other posters saying Henderson is almost completely one dimensional. When he comes up against fighters of a particular skill set, he really struggles and is only ever looking for the overhand right.

I respect what he's achieved in the sport, but he's completely missed out in the evolutionary aspect.

Post #29   3/2/13 2:15:18PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

u r incorrect ^

Im waiting on you to correct it.

Post #30   3/2/13 6:26:24PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2