Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Somewhere between Anderson Silva and Jon Fitch, Yushin Okami looks to impress

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
By his own admission, Yushin Okami is still quite a few wins away from another shot at the UFC's middleweight belt. So with a wrestling-first fighting style that hasn't always proved overly crowd-pleasing, could Okami be in danger of becoming the middleweight division's Jon Fitch?

Link

Post #1   3/1/13 3:51:12AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
if he loses, he's cut. If he isn't cut, then there is an obvious dislike towards Fitch

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   3/1/13 8:58:59AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really hate that the atmosphere now is that the loser of this fight could be cut.

Post #3   3/1/13 11:05:31AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I really hate that the atmosphere now is that the loser of this fight could be cut.

it could be better than Marquardt vs Okami with the "guaranteed" title shot stipulation....but yes it's a load of crap

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   3/1/13 11:40:22AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think it's kind of bull shit fighters like Okami are pressured to change their winning fighting style to appease the fans. If they really want to make fights more exciting they should just change the way it is judged. If they judged guard as neutral, eliminated stand ups and gave points for submission attempts. I feel like fights from guard would be far more exciting.

Don't hate the player hate the game

Post #5   3/1/13 1:03:11PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I agree with Bills all the way on this.

Judging is a complete joke, and this should of been adressed years ago.
Corruption is killing the sport in my eyes, and will lose alot of long time fans due to it. Judges do not seem to know what they are actually scoring half the time. Look at Henderson/Lyoto. The agresser losses a fight, with pretty much the same strikes landed and takedowns.

Last edited 3/1/13 5:58PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/1/13 5:56:30PM