Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis once again official for August event

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After initially refusing to fight Anthony Pettis, UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has agreed to defend his title against Showtime in August.

Link

Post #1   2/25/13 9:31:20PM   

Tyzzler

MMA Regular

Tyzzler Avatar

Career:291-233
Chips:
Thank God, glad "Jose Aldo" finally agreed to this (his team & the whole internet convincing him he would forever be looked at as a scared pu$$ if not.)
Hard to say if Pettis necessarily 'deserves' this over Lamas or not, I can see the argument being made either way & both of them are in my top favorite fighters list. That said this isn't the first time Lamas has gotten screwed over when Pettis got all the glory. I was front frow in Columbus when Pettis got KO of the Night for his amazing head kick KO of Danny Castillo. What no one else that wasn't there didn't see (or hear) was the INCREDIBLE flying knee KO Lamas put on Eric Koch (former #1 contender.) That KO was one of the most sickening but awesome KOs I've ever seen! Koch's mouthpiece went flying atleast 6 rows deep in the crowd & was the WORST "POPPPP!!" sounding KO I've ever heard in my 6 UFC/WEC/SF events. Bad news was, Pettis beat it out for KO of The Night & Lamas/Koch was never even AIRED on television that night.

Regardless of which was the better KO of the night, that Lamas KO not even being aired was one of the WORST injustices I've ever seen of an MMA event.

Post #2   2/25/13 11:01:33PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i got confused by all the different reports.......is this at 145 for the title or at 150 & not for the title?

Post #3   2/25/13 11:41:35PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i got confused by all the different reports.......is this at 145 for the title or at 150 & not for the title?

According to DFW it's now on at 145, for the title. What I find most interesting is that if Jose Aldo wins, he gets the next LW title shot. So he gets the very treatment he was bitching about, an immediate #1 Contender spot in a weight class he's never fought in.

Don't get me wrong, if Aldo can get past Pettis, I'd LOVE to see him take on the winner of Bendo-Melendez. Just pointing out the irony...

Post #4   2/26/13 12:02:24AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,030-983
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
Probably just Aldo and his management shaking down Dana for more money...

Post #5   2/26/13 12:22:15AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Poor_Franklin

According to DFW it's now on at 145, for the title. What I find most interesting is that if Jose Aldo wins, he gets the next LW title shot. So he gets the very treatment he was bitching about, an immediate #1 Contender spot in a weight class he's never fought in.

Don't get me wrong, if Aldo can get past Pettis, I'd LOVE to see him take on the winner of Bendo-Melendez. Just pointing out the irony...

-___________________________________________________-

Are you serious? Grindin' ma gears.

Post #6   2/26/13 12:54:56AM