Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

If It were up to you, what would the next TUF season be?

Print  
Posted By Message

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,485-914
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I was thinking about the release of fitch, which still upsets me, but that is neither here nor there. I can't imagine fitch signing anywhere for a particularly long term contract because I imagine he'll be driven to fight a couple times and win impressively and then get ushered back into the ufc, so let's just say that's how it goes down. If the stars align and the timing is right, why not use it to do another TUF: Comeback season? Offer the same stakes as last time and winner gets a title shot.

There have been several fighters that have fallen into a bit of a rough patch, or have been having quite a few ups and downs of late within the welterweight division. A couple guys I can think of within the division that could fit right in are guys like Hardy, and, lets assume he doesn't put another streak together, throw in Martin Kampmann. Hell, I see no reason why we wouldn't throw in Jorge Santiago. Sure he hasn't really had that much success in the UFC, and he did just recently get cut, but he didn't look altogether awful against Gunner Nelson. Hell, you could even throw in Rick Story. That's what I would do if it were up to me. I'm sure there are several guys I'm overlooking right now too.

Post #1   2/23/13 10:51:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'd either do that or a Women's season.

I think they'll need to improve their roster of women and TUF would be a good way to build up a following for WMMA and for some future challengers to Rousey.

I also think a house full of drunken women is more entertaining than a house full of drunken dudes.

Post #2   2/24/13 12:21:15AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Chips:
I thought they were doing international themes next, like India vs South Korea.
If not a WMMA would be cool but really who would coach against Rousey? Winner of Tate vs Cat? Would any of them evenit be that qualified? If it's men they could do Benson Henderson vs Jose Aldo...that could be cool with a LW Superfight to cap it off.

Post #3   2/24/13 12:30:04AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

If not a WMMA would be cool but really who would coach against Rousey? Winner of Tate vs Cat? Would any of them evenit be that qualified? If it's men they could do Benson Henderson vs Jose Aldo...that could be cool with a LW Superfight to cap it off.

It wouldn't have to be women coaches. As long as its an interesting match-up to go on the card at the end I'm fine with 2 men coaching the women.

Unlike with the Men's version of TUF you wouldn't need to go with rookies either, you could bring in the who's who of WMMA and the casual North American fans probably wouldn't even recognize their names.

Post #4   2/24/13 12:49:39AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
TuF- World series

It would be a massive undertaking, but you could hold a TuF in every viable country,each country gets to put 3 guys through for a tournament in the US

It could help with the globalisation of MMA too

Post #5   2/24/13 12:59:50AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,485-914
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by jae_1833

It wouldn't have to be women coaches. As long as its an interesting match-up to go on the card at the end I'm fine with 2 men coaching the women.

Unlike with the Men's version of TUF you wouldn't need to go with rookies either, you could bring in the who's who of WMMA and the casual North American fans probably wouldn't even recognize their names. [/QUOTE

That is actually a great idea. I never even thought about that possibility. I think it is actually better than my comebacks idea. It's a great way to gain exposure for the floundering wmma, like you said, and it will help build support for it. Great idea.

Post #6   2/24/13 1:12:16AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:683-378
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
do hw again

Post #7   2/24/13 1:17:50AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:950-603
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

do hw again

i agree

Post #8   2/24/13 2:59:36PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
COACHES: Rousey & Tate

All 135 lb women.

Post #9   2/24/13 7:26:49PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:
tuf flyweights and/or bantamweights would really help out. coached by john dodson and pat runez. if only

Post #10   2/25/13 4:35:58AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Fuckin GSP vs Anderson

Post #11   3/5/13 10:16:19PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,031-673
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
The show is unwatchable. If it was up to me the next season would be canceled

Post #12   3/6/13 6:18:21AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
The Most Realistic Comeback seasons you could make:

HW:
1. Josh Barnett
2. Mirko Cro Cop
3. Andrei Arlovski
4. Tim Sylvia
5. Jeff Monson
6. Travis Wiuff
7. Paul Buentello
8. Eddie Sanchez

Josh would only participate if a title shot was on offer to the winner, others Sean McCorkle, Neil Grove, Tim Hague

LHW
1. Rumble Johnson
2. Gilbert Yvel
3. Renato Sobral
4. Trevor Prangley
5. Houston Alexander
6. Jason Brilz
7. Sokodju
8. Wilson Goiveau

Very interested in that season, others on offer, James McSweeny, Seth Petruzelli, Marvin Eastman, Jake Rosholt, Thales Leites.... Even James Irvin

MW:
1. Jake Rosholt
2. Thales Leites
3. Maiquel Jose Falcao Goncalves
4. Kendal Grove
5. Keith Jardine
6. Mario Miranda
7. Dennis Kang
8. Dongi Yang

I'd say most of these guys are actually on the same skill level although I doubt many would be able to stick around long after the show. Other names: Rodney Wallace, Jay Silva

WW
1. Jon Fitch
2. Matt Riddle
3. Che Mills
4. Paul Daley
5. Jason Miller
6. Ben Saunders
7. War Machine
8. Jesse Taylor

Clearly a standout in Fitch but I really like the season nonetheless and with no money on decision victories in the house might equal an aggressive Fitch. There's also a tonne of Egos in that line up which would make for a few rivalries. Others: Harris Josh Burkmann/Aaron Simpson

LW:
1. Dennis Hallman
2. Paul Sass
3. Terry Etim
4. Jacob Volkmann
5. Tyson Griffin
6. Charlie Brennenan
7. Efrain Escudero
8. Vagner Rocha

A lot of unfortunate cuts in this division making it hard to narrow down to 8, Andre Winner, Matt Veach, Shannon Gugerty, Dustin Hazelett

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   3/6/13 8:56:02AM