Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 157 Weigh In Results

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by FastKnockout

Burrell didn't even bother trying to lose the extra pounds.

Didnt he have a week or 10 days notice? He's a pretty big WW as well

Yeah, but Villefort had the same amount of time and he made weight.

Different bodies

Regardless of the time restrains or different bodies, you agree to take a fight at a specific weight. Therefore you should TRY to lose the extra weight until till you've exhausted every possible opportunity to do so. Especially when your opponent made weight on the same time restrains as you had. If you can't make weight within the time restrains, then don't take the fight PERIOD!

Burrell not only didn't even try to lose the extra weight, but during the weigh-in video, he seem not to give a shit about losing the extra weight and just gave a little of bit of his fight money to Yuri at the first chance.

That to me is being disrespectful toward your opponent.

Cutting weight in a short amount of time like that is really hard and difficult for people who haven't cut weight to fathom. I had to cut 17 lbs in one week and wrestled like shit because of it, I really think that it'll be more competive with Burell not having to dehydrate himself to cut the rest of the water weight he has. Your legs are and forearms are litterally like jelly when you cut that much weight and are in a match. I couldn't imagine having to fight against a top prospect like Yuri like that.

Post #16   2/23/13 4:10:18AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,041-1,688
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by FastKnockout

Burrell didn't even bother trying to lose the extra pounds.

Didnt he have a week or 10 days notice? He's a pretty big WW as well

Yeah, but Villefort had the same amount of time and he made weight.

Different bodies

Regardless of the time restrains or different bodies, you agree to take a fight at a specific weight. Therefore you should TRY to lose the extra weight until till you've exhausted every possible opportunity to do so. Especially when your opponent made weight on the same time restrains as you had. If you can't make weight within the time restrains, then don't take the fight PERIOD!

Burrell not only didn't even try to lose the extra weight, but during the weigh-in video, he seem not to give a shit about losing the extra weight and just gave a little of bit of his fight money to Yuri at the first chance.

That to me is being disrespectful toward your opponent.

I thought that if you were over by more than like 5 pounds, they don't even let you try to lose the weight, because it's dangerous and the only way to do it is eat laxatives and shit yourself inside out. Maybe that's just high school wrestling I'm remembering.

Post #17   2/23/13 5:29:05AM   

tattflash

Belt Contender

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,752-1,955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Wow how big were Carmouche's hands compared to Rousey's

Last edited 2/23/13 8:43AM server time by tattflash
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #18   2/23/13 8:40:36AM