Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC president Dana White tells media that Jon Fitch was cut because "he was too f****** expensive"

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

He was overpaid for his style of fighting. Yes he was ranked high in the WW division, but no body wants to watch the kid fight. Dana's running a company and wants exciting fighters. I think he used this as a message to the UFC that it doesnt matter who you are, if you dont bring it ever night, youre gone.

should the NBA fire Greg Popovich for implementing a "boring" style?

No. But the NBA did fine him for sitting his starters against the Heat. Which goes to show even in the NBA it's more about viewership than winning.

very true, they fined him 250K too. all sports care about ratings. a lot of Media and NBA people gave Popovich shit too for resting players that game, because they understand the TV deal with TNT is big money and that Thursday night game is one of their showcase games. stuff like this has been happening forever but people get all butt hurt when it is the UFC doing it. it is a Profession and business not a charity

Post #31   2/22/13 9:30:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

He was overpaid for his style of fighting. Yes he was ranked high in the WW division, but no body wants to watch the kid fight. Dana's running a company and wants exciting fighters. I think he used this as a message to the UFC that it doesnt matter who you are, if you dont bring it ever night, youre gone.

should the NBA fire Greg Popovich for implementing a "boring" style?

No. But the NBA did fine him for sitting his starters against the Heat. Which goes to show even in the NBA it's more about viewership than winning.

very true, they fined him 250K too. all sports care about ratings. a lot of Media and NBA people gave Popovich shit too for resting players that game, because they understand the TV deal with TNT is big money and that Thursday night game is one of their showcase games. stuff like this has been happening forever but people get all butt hurt when it is the UFC doing it. it is a Profession and business not a charity

well blame the NBA for scheduling the Spurs to play 4 games in 5 days (this game being the 4th) while the Heat had 4 days off in between games. Only way the UFC could compare is if a fighter fought twice in 4 months, turned down a short notice fight and was subsequently cut.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #32   2/23/13 12:01:12AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

A lot of crazy things have been said on this board. So lets get a few things straight:

1 Diaz would beat the shit out of Fitch or any other WW
2 Stockton bitch
3 Fitch's fight with Erick Silva was entertaining
4 The people who leave to take piss breaks when Fitch fights missed Hendrix sending him into oblivion. I'm talking to you AREJAY!!!

no he wouldn't

The only thing that can stop a Diaz is a finite number of rounds. If GSP's fight with Diaz was 20 rounds you know you would pick Diaz.

no I wouldn't

Post #33   2/23/13 1:44:24AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Diaz cuts easy, GSP prefers to do damage with short punches and elbows from the top...I am predicting the fight to be over in the fourth due to cuts.

Post #34   2/23/13 2:54:17PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If an employee is becoming to expensive for what he produces, you renegotiate with him. Dumping people on their ass should be a last resort.

I wonder if there was any negotiation.

Post #35   2/23/13 5:50:35PM   

PhilBrito

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Chips:
If we're talking too fucking expensive. I guess Machida could be a good choice for the next cut.

Post #36   2/24/13 1:30:39AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3