Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How to pick up women - Put Your Number In My Phone

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Step 1: Say, "Put your number in my phone"
Step 2: World Domination

Video

Post #1   2/21/13 12:54:22PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
lol that shit had me rolling every time he said "Cuz I Said"

i'd love to know how may people put fake #s in there

Last edited 2/21/13 1:10PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/21/13 1:09:21PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Biased, BYU

Post #3   2/21/13 5:55:01PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:756-369
Chips:
The smart guys always send you a text right after you give them your number and then ask you to reply so they know for sure it's a real number up front.

Last edited 2/21/13 7:56PM server time by DancingDoll
Edit note/reason: .

Post #4   2/21/13 7:55:06PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,936-1,124
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

The smart guys always send you a text right after you give them your number and then ask you to reply so they know for sure it's a real number up front.

If you're still like together or whatever, I always felt that if you text too soon you may get creeper status or annoying, You gotta play the waiting game, Chicks dig what they think they can't have or not get attention from because they begin to question themselves And generally speaking i think chicks are more confident than dudes because chicks know they're hot and if a dude doesn't take interest in them, i think it fucks with them....Or maybe i'm just all wrong.

Last edited 2/22/13 10:40AM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #5   2/22/13 8:19:10AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

The smart guys do the exact opposite. All doing that would do is reveal their insecurities, after they've just sold themselves as being confident. And if it's a bogus number, finding out so on the spot really has no benefit. Is he gonna demand the real one now, when she is obviously not interested?

Post #6   2/22/13 10:17:21AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:
Actually not really. Smart guys usually do it under the idea of 'hey - I'm shooting you a text so that you have my number as well'. If the girl is interested on any level, she will text back a little confirmation or smiley face etc. This is absolutely the correct way to swap numbers and show baseline level interest. I would get zero creeper vibe from this.

To me - it's far worse to wait to establish some basic level of connection because it increases the possibility that the girl doesn't remember who the hell you were.

On rare occasion, I have given out a number very randomly because i was extremely drunk or I just wanted to move on and it's an easy way to tie up a conversation. Then the guy calls much later that week and I'm struggling to even remember who the person is, what bar we met at, what he looked like or what our conversation was about. If you're bar hopping or met multiple people or had a busy week... You just put that person totally out of your mind and then when they suddenly call a week later - you don't really care.

If the guy sends a quick text and I reply back and maybe have a brief/casual text exchange that same night (like 1-3 exchanges), it keeps him in my mind and now he's in my phone with an actual name/memory associated with him.

A quick intro text doesn't mean that you have to set up a date or push for anything right away - but it just opens/solidifies a window of acknowledging interest on a mutual level. Keep the initial text(s) funny/light/casual/witty. Then you can wait a couple of days and check back in and maybe set something up from there.

Guys worry WAY too much about this fear of showing too much interest or playing it cool and unless you've made a *major* first impression, the waiting game often has the opposite effect. You have to make sure you stoke the fire enough to keep a low flame burning otherwise you end up with just embers and smoke if you wait too long.

Last edited 2/22/13 11:16AM server time by DancingDoll
Edit note/reason: .

Post #7   2/22/13 11:10:33AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
But none of that has to do with

The amount of time taken to call/text someone should depend on the situation. And if it's a call/text to reciprocate the gesture, that's one thing, but putting the person on the spot benefits neither party.

Post #8   2/22/13 1:39:06PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,936-1,124
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
most of the time if it's a bar or whatever it's a number exchange and you both give your numbers. Or have her text you while shes there and save her number or vice versa...That always seemed to be the most common situation for me..

Post #9   2/22/13 2:02:34PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Doesnt matter at all if you give a girl your number to call you or text. All they have to do is not call you
Or do the girl thing which is not answer your texting messages

Post #10   2/22/13 4:18:37PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

But none of that has to do with

The amount of time taken to call/text someone should depend on the situation. And if it's a call/text to reciprocate the gesture, that's one thing, but putting the person on the spot benefits neither party.

I meant more that it's a benefit for sending a quick text right away. It establishes whether there's interest pretty quickly. And the guy will know whether it's a real number or not up front and can avoid the whole 'wait 3-5 days to initiate contact' thing. I've had guys do that vaguely expectant "I just sent you a text" heads up.

Post #11   2/22/13 4:36:19PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,071-562
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
One easy way to exchange numbers is to give the girl you are talking to your number. Have her punch it into her phone and call it while you're still together. If the phone rings and lights up right away her number will pop up in incoming or missed calls. When it rings ask her if its her number.

If you give her your number and she doesn't call you right away and gives you an excuse, you ain't getting her number and she isn't interested.

Post #12   2/22/13 8:50:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I always had the assumption to wait a few days after getting a number to contact her. I brought this up with some of my female friends a while ago and every one of them was like "you are an idiot, don't wait that long." Either text the next day or a day later but never longer than that was the prevailing timeline.

as far as sending a conformation text/call, I thought that was common practice. I've always done it either right then and there or a short while later, and vise versa, without any problems

Last edited 2/22/13 10:54PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   2/22/13 10:53:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Chips:
I tell them im going to call a couple hundred times. And then i just text the next day or so.

I like this video. Blunt is hilarious and probably rare.

Post #14   2/25/13 11:01:08PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I always had the assumption to wait a few days after getting a number to contact her. I brought this up with some of my female friends a while ago and every one of them was like "you are an idiot, don't wait that long." Either text the next day or a day later but never longer than that was the prevailing timeline.

as far as sending a conformation text/call, I thought that was common practice. I've always done it either right then and there or a short while later, and vise versa, without any problems

The problem though is that you asked females. I'm not saying waiting that long is the proper thing to do, but it'll probably never be the correct answer when talking to a female. The idea behind waiting that long is to not seem overly interested...basically playing somewhat of a game. So, I doubt you'll find too many females that say, yeah, wait at least a few days. Just as a guy would never tell a girl that it's cool to ______ for the purpose of leverage with a guy. Personally, I say do whatever feels right.

Post #15   2/25/13 11:13:35PM