Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy responds to Jon Fitch's UFC release

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by tmas

the comparison was meant to be ridiculous to show how ridiculous people are being. point is the UFC doesnt owe us anything if they dont want someone fighting for them so be it.

Does Fitch belong in the UFC talent wise. yes, but it doesnt matter he isnt one of the top guys anymore and the UFC doesnt want him there for now.

They sure owe jon fitch an explination. I wonder how long these fighters are going to continue to sign contracts that allow them to be cut so easily.

Post #16   2/21/13 7:41:22PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by tmas

The UFC doesnt need a reason to cut someone, or need to explain why they do it. They run a business you dont see all the shoppers of Walmart getting upset and demanding they keep employees Walmart doesnt like.

Its stupid.

Best way to describe that comparison.

Posted by SmileR

Posted by airkerma

Giving Hardy shit isn't the answer, but the 'Hardy Card' still holds merit when considering the why, and it isn't just the being exciting part. It's the biased favoritism the DFC shows toward certain fighters, and that shit has to stop. For every guy who deserves to get cut but doesn't there is one who will get cut but doesn't deserve it. That's the model for a freakshow or traveling circus, not an actual sport. There's too much Dana right now.

It was Joe Silva who made the cuts. Dana is just the guy dealing with the fall out.

Speaking of poor comparisons, I have one! I'm not sure if you're a Star Wars buff, but when it comes to Dana and Joe I see the situation as "Governor Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard."(1) In other words, I believe that the final decision would lie with Dana. If he said: "oh shit, this is a stupid cut" I doubt Fitch would be cut. I'll admit I don't know the full inner workings of Zuffa, but that's how it looks to me.

source
(1) starwars

I would prop the shit out of you if I could right now! That just hit the nail on the head an brought in star wars! If you'd of squeezed in an Indiana Jones reference id of blown my load!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #17   2/21/13 8:38:50PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tmas

the comparison was meant to be ridiculous to show how ridiculous people are being. point is the UFC doesnt owe us anything if they dont want someone fighting for them so be it.

Does Fitch belong in the UFC talent wise. yes, but it doesnt matter he isnt one of the top guys anymore and the UFC doesnt want him there for now.

If you can name one other sport that would drop a top 10 guy because they "don't want him there now" I'll except your point. Until then this is a bad cut and people have the right to be pissed!

I've just watched Dana try to explain this cut on mmafighting and his reasoning contradicts itself constantly.
What the UFC has done is basically said to every aspiring fighter, 7 years and a stellar isn't enough to earn our loyalty, if you're great but never hold a title you're expendable and we will get rid of you. They have shown they are more concerned with entertainment that being recognised as a sport, and thats fine.
But you can't make a WWE style cut and then say sport after. This is an entertainment cut and no amount of swearing or back peddling will change that.

This is posted over on mmafighting and it sums this up perfectly

"Right now it’s those in the “entertainment” corner vs. “sport” corner. Fans are in either camp. This is a large crossroads for the UFC and their credibility.

This thing blew up for one reason. Fitch. Dana can’t talk “sport” and then justify this cut. EVER!!"

Post #18   2/21/13 8:56:21PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

What the UFC has done is basically said to every aspiring fighter, 7 years and a stellar isn't enough to earn our loyalty, if you're great but never hold a title you're expendable and we will get rid of you.

GSTL

Post #19   2/21/13 9:10:28PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by SmileR

What the UFC has done is basically said to every aspiring fighter, 7 years and a stellar isn't enough to earn our loyalty, if you're great but never hold a title you're expendable and we will get rid of you.

GSTL

What GSTL mean?

Post #20   2/21/13 9:40:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by SmileR

GSTL

What GSTL mean?

Gotta Spread the Love

Post #21   2/21/13 10:41:45PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,078-848
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by tmas

If you can name one other sport that would drop a top 10 guy because they "don't want him there now" I'll except your point. Until then this is a bad cut and people have the right to be pissed!

I've just watched Dana try to explain this cut on mmafighting and his reasoning contradicts itself constantly.
What the UFC has done is basically said to every aspiring fighter, 7 years and a stellar isn't enough to earn our loyalty, if you're great but never hold a title you're expendable and we will get rid of you. They have shown they are more concerned with entertainment that being recognised as a sport, and thats fine.
But you can't make a WWE style cut and then say sport after. This is an entertainment cut and no amount of swearing or back peddling will change that.

This is posted over on mmafighting and it sums this up perfectly

"Right now it’s those in the “entertainment” corner vs. “sport” corner. Fans are in either camp. This is a large crossroads for the UFC and their credibility.

This thing blew up for one reason. Fitch. Dana can’t talk “sport” and then justify this cut. EVER!!"

im not disagreeing thatthe cut sucks , im just saying stop complaining its pointless. Would i have cut fitch no, but this isnt the first time the UFC has cut Fitch.

and yes sports trade, top players all the time its the same thing more or less. guys like CP3 get traded because their org/promo/team doesnt want them there for whatever reason.

Post #22   2/21/13 11:12:45PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by tmas

im not disagreeing thatthe cut sucks , im just saying stop complaining its pointless. Would i have cut fitch no, but this isnt the first time the UFC has cut Fitch.

and yes sports trade, top players all the time its the same thing more or less. guys like CP3 get traded because their org/promo/team doesnt want them there for whatever reason.

another stupid comparison. Chris Paul is still playing in the elite promotion called the NBA. Jon Fitch is no longer fighting in the elite promotion called the UFC. Paul was traded because he wasn't going to resign with the Hornets so they got some value back for him. What value is the UFC getting in return for releasing Fitch?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   2/23/13 12:20:34AM   

steveishere

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-3
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
What value is the UFC getting in return for releasing Fitch?

Not having to pay a guy who doesn't really draw fans to ppv 60k to lose big fights seems like it may have some value. I have always liked Fitch enough but he does seem like he's been a bit of a malcontent and difficult guy to work with for the UFC, perhaps that had something to do with it. Be enough of a pain in the ass and keep losing fights and you can't really be surprised to find yourself on the street.

Post #24   2/23/13 3:52:53PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Chips:

Posted by steveishere

Posted by Bubbles
What value is the UFC getting in return for releasing Fitch?

Not having to pay a guy who doesn't really draw fans to ppv 60k to lose big fights seems like it may have some value. I have always liked Fitch enough but he does seem like he's been a bit of a malcontent and difficult guy to work with for the UFC, perhaps that had something to do with it. Be enough of a pain in the ass and keep losing fights and you can't really be surprised to find yourself on the street.

It worked for Tito and Rampage. I think they cost a bit more as well.

Post #25   2/23/13 4:49:39PM   

PhilBrito

Learning to Sprawl

Career:9-5
Chips:
Well I don't think anybody has any animosity towards Hardy, they're just using examples. Nothing against Hardy.

Post #26   2/24/13 1:32:17AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:
Gotta love the honesty. Funny comment

Post #27   2/24/13 3:12:20PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,838-1,586
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Everyone does pull the Hardy card when they get cut early and it is bull shit. Its not his decision. Dana White loves the way the kid fights, he brings it, and he has a good style, thats why hes still around. Hes got two wins in a row. IF he loses to Brown he will still have a job.

Not to mention some of those losses on his streak were against seriously high level competition. Nothing wrong with losing to GSP or Condit. Johnson and Lytle aren't too shabby either.

Post #28   2/25/13 3:35:46AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,073-1,291
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Dan Hardy is entertaining at least.
Where was the release on Damian Maia when he had 6 straight decisions? Great fighter, but boring to watch. Ill take entertaining over boring ANY day!!

Post #29   3/3/13 1:44:01PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2