Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Ultimate Fighter 17 Episode 5 Recap: Reversals, Sweeps and a Submission Finish

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,020-1,645
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
In last week’s episode of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen, Team Jones got their first win of the season and gained matchmaking control. Coach Jon Jones picked the most seasoned fighter in the house, Bubba McDaniel, to take on the youngest contestant in The Ultimate Fighter history, 21-year old Kelvin Gastelum.

“My strategy leading into this fight is to utilize Bubba’s experience and just overall game. We believe we’re going to win this fight everywhere against Kelvin,” said Jones. “We called out Kelvin because we thought he was the weakest link and the smartest decision for our team.”

“Me being the youngest guy, I’m probably the one with the least experience in the house. People probably underestimate me, and that’s fine with me. I know how tough I am, and I know how good I am, and I know what I can do. I’m not really worried about what other people are thinking,” said Gastelum...

Full Story

Post #1   2/20/13 2:50:59AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Nice grappling match but the lack of gnp was lost on me. Bubba seems like a head case. He sitting there in side control with every chance to throw elobows he decides its better to get swept? That was a strange fight.

Post #2   2/20/13 9:59:17AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
good fight. bubba needs to work on his wrestling and top control. he never could seem to keep kelvin down. i think Hall will destroy kelvin if they do meet later on.

Post #3   2/20/13 12:29:15PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,715-978
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
for a while i thought they had both agreed not to use strikes. very weird fight.

Post #4   2/20/13 2:57:11PM