Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Despite Strong UFC 158 Promotional Start, Dana White Says Nick Diaz Blowing Off Countdown

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC president Dana White knew what he was in for when he signed Nick Diaz to fight Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158 on March 16 in Montreal.

In a perfect world, the Stocktonian bad boy, returning from a yearlong suspension after testing positive for marijuana metabolites, would meet his promotional obligations with at least half the vigor with which he trains and fights. But White knew that wasn’t even a remote possibility.

Link

Post #1   2/17/13 10:55:03AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Ask yourself this question Dana.....

Why would any kind of "crew" wanna "roll" in Stockton??

Post #2   2/17/13 12:07:42PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
and the Shinanagans is under way

Post #3   2/17/13 12:23:49PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:874-440
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Simple solution for the press conferences, Nick doesnt want to fly because he cant take his weed through airports. If Dana had a nice bag of Kush waiting in his hotel room he would show up happy and ready to bitch slap reporters. Obvious

Last edited 2/17/13 12:33PM server time by traveler77
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/17/13 12:32:04PM   

allaf

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1-2
Chips:

“Dana is mistaken. There is no ‘crew rolling around Stockton’ and Nick did not ‘miss’ three interviews,” Jonathan Tweedale, a lawyer with the Nick Diaz camp, told MMAWeekly.com on Sunday.

“In fact, several earlier dates were arranged without Nick’s knowledge and with no notice to Nick. When Nick learned what had happened, I assisted him in arranging a date and time directly (Thursday, Feb. 14). Nick arrived early and was in good spirits at that Feb. 14 date – the one and only date he knew about in advance.

Post #5   2/17/13 2:02:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Nice day to pick valentines day to roll with nick
They have weeks still to film the countdown

Post #6   2/17/13 2:18:47PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by allaf

“Dana is mistaken. There is no ‘crew rolling around Stockton’ and Nick did not ‘miss’ three interviews,” Jonathan Tweedale, a lawyer with the Nick Diaz camp, told MMAWeekly.com on Sunday.

“In fact, several earlier dates were arranged without Nick’s knowledge and with no notice to Nick. When Nick learned what had happened, I assisted him in arranging a date and time directly (Thursday, Feb. 14). Nick arrived early and was in good spirits at that Feb. 14 date – the one and only date he knew about in advance.

My question is...why does this happen to Nick Diaz and Nick Diaz only? Is it one big conspiracy against Nick Diaz or is there another explanation?

Post #7   2/17/13 2:37:42PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by allaf

My question is...why does this happen to Nick Diaz and Nick Diaz only? Is it one big conspiracy against Nick Diaz or is there another explanation?

Could just be lawyer spin.

Post #8   2/17/13 3:25:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Nick did it once and probably didn't like the cameras in his face all the time. It's understandable and Dana acknowledged that he has to do things differently with him. Countdown shows suck for the most part anyways. I've only watched a handful of them and it does nothing for me

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   2/17/13 11:45:27PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Chips:
There's no way that Dana could be lying about this to drum up some extra interest/hype for the fight, right? Doesn't seem like something he'd do...

Post #10   2/18/13 10:41:59AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

There's no way that Dana could be lying about this to drum up some extra interest/hype for the fight, right? Doesn't seem like something he'd do...

I don't think Dana has to hype this fight, it hypes itself. Dana's claim sounds about on par with what Nick's done the past few years.

Post #11   2/18/13 11:17:55AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

I don't think Dana has to hype this fight, it hypes itself. Dana's claim sounds about on par with what Nick's done the past few years.

You can never have too many PPV buys. And with Diaz coming off a loss and suspension, I can absolutely see a reason to add hype the fight.

I'm just saying Dana's word is about as solid as a frozen block of shit in the Sahara. If Nick didn't plan on "playing the game" he wouldn't have shown up to the 158 presser.

I find it hard to believe that a camera crew is "driving around Stockton for 2 weeks."

Here's an idea...set up shop/cameras at Cesar Gracie's gym in Lodi. Diaz is a gym rat - don't you think he might be training during his training camp?

Post #12   2/18/13 11:30:50AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

You can never have too many PPV buys. And with Diaz coming off a loss and suspension, I can absolutely see a reason to add hype the fight.

I'm just saying Dana's word is about as solid as a frozen block of shit in the Sahara. If Nick didn't plan on "playing the game" he wouldn't have shown up to the 158 presser.

I find it hard to believe that a camera crew is "driving around Stockton for 2 weeks."

Here's an idea...set up shop/cameras at Cesar Gracie's gym in Lodi. Diaz is a gym rat - don't you think he might be training during his training camp?

Georges's fights always sell, especially one against a polarizing figure like DIaz, but you're right, every little bit helps in the PPV game.

I don't think Dana meant the crew was rolling around Stockton for two weeks without finding Diaz, it sounded more like there were some scheduled sit downs and Diaz didn't show. The countdown show is similar to the 24/7 shows they do for boxing, I have a hard time believing that Nick wants any part of something so intensive given his history. Diaz showing up to one presser doesn't mean he's suddenly down to "play the game".

Dana's word isn't exactly bond to put it lightly, but c'mon man, it's not like DIaz is a pillar of truth.

Post #13   2/18/13 11:40:50AM