Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC's Michael Bisping wants rematch with 'f---ing cheat' Vitor Belfort

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:
somebody needs to tell vitor to get a new pair of shorts. ewie

Post #16   2/16/13 2:46:16AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:

Posted by Travesty145

somebody needs to tell vitor to get a new pair of shorts. ewie

And tell him him that Synthetic Testosterone Replacement therapy is Cheating too !!!

Post #17   2/16/13 5:26:05AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Your a twitt and u suck!!

not exactly the best way to open an argument. everything you say after this doesnt even matter.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #18   2/16/13 5:42:47AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is the only instance in which I have a problem with TRT. An exemption shouldn't be granted to someone that's been popped for PED's in the past.

Bisping's not wrong, IMO.

Post #19   2/16/13 7:52:26AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Your a twitt and u suck!! anybody that needs trt to be a professional athlete is obviously competing in the wrong sex classification, his levels were 12 to one so he needed a doctors note because he is a cheating bitch!! fuck him!! bullshit!!!

Present your comments with maturity or don't present them at all.

Post #20   2/16/13 7:53:39AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,883-1,084
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
TRT user 5 weeks in

T and PEDs differ in structure, biochemistry and use. The medical use of T is for men with testosterone deficiency, usually manifested by fatigue, diminished sex drive and a constellation of other symptoms. The goal of treatment is to improve symptoms by getting the testosterone into a normal range. There are a variety of means of testosterone replacement including gels, creams, trans-dermal patches, pellets and injections. All of these formulations are FDA approved and provide testosterone that is identical to that of the testosterone that is present in our bodies under normal circumstances. Testosterone levels are checked periodically to ensure that the testosterone is in the normal range.

PEDs are most often manufactured clandestinely at small labs to avoid FDA scrutiny; they are sometimes obtained through veterinarians, pharmacists or physicians, and are often procured on the black market. They are intended solely to build muscle mass, strength and improve athletic performance, so their use is beyond the domain of standard medical practice. PEDs favor anabolic (muscle building) over androgenic (pertaining to the development of male characteristics) effects.

The vast majority of the time, PEDs are provided illicitly by a trainer without special expertise in this area. The goal is a super-high testosterone level, often ten times or more than normal levels. Dopers often use the equivalent of 1000 mg or greater of T per week. PEDs are not the chemical equivalent of T and there is no medical monitoring of users. Popular PEDs include nandrolone and stanozolol, which were FDA approved years ago, but now have no medical indications. “Designer” PEDs are often concocted by modifying T; their advantage is that monitoring organizations lack the wherewithal to detect them because of their unique chemical formulations. The two common patterns of PED usage are stacking and cycling. Stacking is using two or more PEDs simultaneously whereas cycling is an on—off schedule of use.

Last edited 2/16/13 8:59AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #21   2/16/13 8:39:55AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Chips:
shut up bisping...with or without TRT, steroids, etc...you got ko'd...how bout a henderson rematch? i coul watch that alllll day

Post #22   2/16/13 5:32:55PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Been a huge fan of Vitor since he fucked Abbott up. That being said, TRT is gay but i support Belfort to the fullest

Post #23   2/16/13 7:33:51PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Been a huge fan of Vitor since he fucked Abbott up. That being said, TRT is gay but i support Belfort to the fullest

he got lucky against tank. just sayin

Post #24   2/17/13 12:39:22AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,254-836
Chips:
A lot of bizarre contradictory statements on here, but nothing new there.

The rules require to be tightened. People are getting away with using performance enhancing drugs which is destroying the sport.

Irrespective what fighter you like, hate, nut-hug, 'legal' use of steroids is fucking bullshit.

Post #25   2/17/13 4:41:21AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

TRT = the abortion topic of MMA.

What's legally acceptable versus what some find morally inacceptable.

If Dans in the legally accepted level of Test, then (correct me if i'm wrong) doesn't that mean that most athletes could reach those same levels naturally?

Not really, no. The allowed ratio is 3:1 whereas most men are 1:1.

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Really? Lol.

Can't believe I just read that. Not only is it silly to talk about that now, since the fight was so many years ago, but there was nothing lucky about that fight. Tank was a can-crusher but Vitor is an elite fighter.

Post #26   2/17/13 9:39:37PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by mrsmiley

If Dans in the legally accepted level of Test, then (correct me if i'm wrong) doesn't that mean that most athletes could reach those same levels naturally?

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Really? Lol.

Can't believe I just read that. Not only is it silly to talk about that now, since the fight was so many years ago, but there was nothing lucky about that fight. Tank was a can-crusher but Vitor is an elite fighter.

Post #27   2/18/13 12:17:09AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Really? Lol.

So if the average is 1:1 then this becomes the moral issue verse the legal issue. For me personally, If I was a fighter I might just say If you can't beat em,join em, and sign up for TRT if I could, but I could very well see why for some that defeats the purpose.
If guys like Hendo and Chael are within the law,then I can't see solely pointing them out when so many others are busted taking illegal substances.

For me,when it comes to Bisping I can see his frustration but in all honesty,to me and others he's a very solid mid-tier fighter who on a good night could hold his own or possibly, by the slimmest hair take out a top name.
Even if Dan was on TRT in their fight that doesn't change the fact Mikey was walking right into Dans fist,which hendo made no point in hiding or setting up the entire time.
Bispings problem I think has more to do with strategy rather than the TRT his opponents are taking.

Tough subject for sure. I can see both sides but that's how I take it.

Last edited 2/18/13 11:53AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   2/18/13 11:48:03AM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Really? Lol.

his return is coming. youll see. youll all see

Post #29   2/18/13 12:02:34PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,883-1,084
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Even if Bisping gets his re-match, What will be different ?

Vitor is still going to be using TRT.

People need to accept losing and dealing with their mediocrity a little better.

Post #30   2/18/13 1:53:35PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2