Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hector Lombard vs Matt Weidman?

Print  
Posted By Message

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Im one of the few who thought even as bad as he looked against Boetch, I still thought he got shafted by the judges though he wasnt his usual self with the injury and jitters I believe.

I think He'd destroy Weidman. Weidman would be stupid to stand with him which he seems to have fallen in love with his hands. And Hectors judo I think can keep it on the feet and get him back up if it cant.

I think Hector beats any middleweight besides Anderson & Vitor who are just too fast and deadly powerful with accuracy.

Post #1   2/15/13 6:47:44AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Is Matt Weidman the younger brother of Chris?

Post #2   2/15/13 8:07:50AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I think Chris Weidman and Lombard would be a good fight.

Post #3   2/15/13 11:41:40AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,143-679
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Is Matt Weidman the younger brother of Chris?

and 2nd cousin to Dennis Wideman

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   2/15/13 2:08:29PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
What makes you believe Chris has"fallen in love with hands"?

No doubt in my mind Weidman get's Hector on the ground and tires him out, maybe stand's in the later rounds after Hector is good and tired.imo

Post #5   2/15/13 2:39:54PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:529-373
Chips:
i think it would be a good fight while weidman waits for silva to stop fucking around.

Post #6   2/15/13 3:51:04PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think it would be a good fight while weidman waits for silva to stop fucking around.

just because weidman is the next fighter by default doesnt mean he's actually earned the title shot.. i think he NEEDs another win to sway fans to his cause

Post #7   2/20/13 10:24:28PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,418-743
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by tcunningham

just because weidman is the next fighter by default doesnt mean he's actually earned the title shot.. i think he NEEDs another win to sway fans to his cause

He's done more than enough, Chris Weidman that is, I'm not sure about Matt Weidman though.

Who else deserves a shot? Chael Sonnen? He's fought him twice and is now in the LHW Division. Michael Bisping, I'd say yeah but he lost to Vitor Belfort.

Who else Belfort, well he just got a LHW shot at Jones and then moved down and fought Bisping. Is that enough for you? Well Anderson Silva beat him already.

Luke rockhold? He just came over from Strikeforce and has a fight booked with Vitor Belfort.

Hector Lombard? He lost to Tim Boetsch and beat Palhares and has an upcoming fight with Okami.

Costa Philippou? He hasn't done enough and has a fight booked with Ronaldo Souza. Lets see what happens there because that's no gimme.

Mark Munoz? Wait a minute. Weidman destroyed him.

So who's left. Ding, Ding, Ding. Chris (Matt) Weidman. Undefeated Professional that beat Maia on little notice and like I previously mentioned beat then #3 Munoz senseless. He's the #1 contender and deserves a fight with Anderson Silva as equally if not more than Hendricks deserves a fight with GSP.

That's just how I see it. And I'm sure many more fans of this site and other sites would agree with almost everything a stated.

WAR WEIDMAN

Post #8   2/27/13 11:49:48PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,418-743
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Im one of the few who thought even as bad as he looked against Boetch, I still thought he got shafted by the judges though he wasnt his usual self with the injury and jitters I believe.

I think He'd destroy Weidman. Weidman would be stupid to stand with him which he seems to have fallen in love with his hands. And Hectors judo I think can keep it on the feet and get him back up if it cant.

I think Hector beats any middleweight besides Anderson & Vitor who are just too fast and deadly powerful with accuracy.

Lombard would not destroy Weidman. It would be a fun, entertaining and competitive fight but Weidman is in that new breed of fighters. Lay off those 40 oz kid.

Post #9   2/27/13 11:53:08PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,923-1,070
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
In all fairness, though i think its an even match-up that favors weidman slightly, if Hector wins it would be in a manner brutal and destructive. I dont think its ridiculous tosay Lombard will destroy him. Nor to say Weidman is going to manhandle Hector. Thats the way their path to victory plays out.

Persinally though i can see weidman struggling to get aa td early because of Hectors frame and muscle mass

Post #10   2/28/13 12:43:11AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,380
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Hector would beat Chris
Both guys are good

I have a feeling Ufc isn't announcing the Silva vs weidman match in July just yet cause they are waiting for outcome of tonight. If Hector wins impressively I bet he gets title shot next. I would rather see lombard vs Silva

For insurance weidman will be on the card as well vs maybe boetsch or tim kennedy

Post #11   3/2/13 7:52:49AM