Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Boss Says Weidman Wants To Smash Silva in Brazil, Give Him A Rematch And Smash Him Again

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I dont think Wiedman has a chance, he'll get ko'd early. I think Chael is a better mma wrestler than Chris and he couldn't get the job done.

Post #16   2/10/13 6:59:35PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,904-1,184
Chips:
Right? The #1 thing people say is well he will do what sonnen did. Which is lost twice. Not pony lost but. FINISHED! TWICE!

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #17   2/10/13 7:33:01PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,050-1,735
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by LightsOUT23

Weidman is Clearly the number 1 contender.

With wins over Alessio Sakara(who hasn't beat him?), Tom lawlor(gate keeper to the top 20) and Mark Munoz(injured coming off a extremely long layoff) there is no question that he is the number contender !!!

Go Weidman ...

1 amazing KO of Rich Franklin> All those wins

I couldn't disagree with that more but it would be useless for me to argue about that with a guy named SpiderSilva so I won't.

IMO Weidman deserves the fight and I want to see it.

Post #18   2/10/13 7:37:01PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by LightsOUT23

Weidman is Clearly the number 1 contender.

With wins over Alessio Sakara(who hasn't beat him?), Tom lawlor(gate keeper to the top 20) and Mark Munoz(injured coming off a extremely long layoff) there is no question that he is the number contender !!!

Go Weidman ...

I couldn't disagree with that more but it would be useless for me to argue about that with a guy named SpiderSilva so I won't.

IMO Weidman deserves the fight and I want to see it.

Can't prop must spread love.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #19   2/10/13 7:41:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Posted by SpiderSilva

I was being sarcastic, Weidman is NOT the number one contender !!!

... But you have answered my point exactly ...

then who is? Bisping?

but technically speaking, KO of Munoz > KO of Leben which is what got Andy a title shot in the first place

Last edited 2/10/13 7:59PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   2/10/13 7:58:29PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
KOing franklin in humiliting fashion, yeah id say that on paper trumps beating Maia and stopping Munoz.

Post #21   2/10/13 7:58:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
double post

Last edited 2/10/13 7:59PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   2/10/13 7:59:25PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by LightsOUT23

Posted by SpiderSilva

then who is? Bisping?

but technically speaking, KO of Munoz > KO of Leben which is what got Andy a title shot in the first place

Who? Cung le.

Post #23   2/10/13 8:40:12PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
KOing Leben at that time is more impressive than Munoz. One takes a hit horrible and one's a zombie.

Post #24   2/10/13 8:50:26PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,050-1,735
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by LightsOUT23

Posted by SpiderSilva

then who is? Bisping?

Who? Cung le.

Post #25   2/10/13 9:19:08PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by LightsOUT23

Posted by SpiderSilva

then who is? Bisping?

Who? Cung le.

still would rather see a fight people Wanted 5 years ago.

Le v Silva

Post #26   2/10/13 9:32:02PM   

Travesty145

MMA Regular

Travesty145 Avatar

Career:675-411
Chips:
hector lombard would beat silva if he actually came to fight.

Post #27   2/10/13 10:15:38PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,834-1,785
Chips:
I agree with the new guy...just give him the fight already to end the B.S.
Line up Le and Lombard afterwards because we all know I will never get to see him fight Jones or GSP!

Post #28   2/10/13 10:27:41PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
So beating a well past his prime Franklin is better than beating Munoz and Maia in their primes? Rich hasn't beaten a guy relavant in years. He hasnt fought anyone close to the title picture since 2009! People need to learn to understand the difference between real contenders and what I like to call the "senior circuit." Franklin has been fighting has been names for years- Liddell, Wanderlei, Forrest (not old but a shell of his former self and no longer a title contender) and Le. But these guys are past their primes and will no longer hang with the elite younger guys. Consider the fact that Wanderlei was almost shut down and forced into retirement by Dana because he was finished. Dana said the same of Chuck. Le lost to a guy in Wanderlei who has been done for a coupel years now. That doesnt say much for him.

Maia (although old, is a late bloomer and is at the top of his game) and Munoz on the other hand are just in their MMA primes. Some guys like Maia, Hendo, Couture, Sonnen fight well into their late years and do well, but guys like Wanderlei, Liddell, Franklin, Forrest, and Le lost it in their mid to lte 30s and havent been contenders for years.

I personally think we are about to see a changing of the guard in the UFC like we did a few years back when all the big stars took a back seat to a new generation. I think guys like Weidman and Hendricks are primed for stardom and all they have to do is get their chances. We have already seen the change in LHW as Bones has taken over, and I suspect we are about to see some new names come up and take out GSP and Anderson as well. It is ust the nature of the beast. People cant be the man forever.

Last edited 2/11/13 8:25AM server time by lll-lll

Post #29   2/11/13 8:18:37AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
Chael is notorius for fighting stupid. Watch his second Filho fight as his corner is all but begging him to stay standing and he keeps taking the fight down. Chael may be the best MMA wrestler in MMA history, for sure at 185, and no one is as good as him at getting a TD. However that doesn't mean that Weidman cant get Anderson down. We've seen the likes of Lutter get Silva down, so Im confident Weidman can get some TDs. I think Weidmans youth and the match up give him a damn good shot a beating Anderson. IMO the best shot anyone has had outside of Marquadt and Hendo.

What makes this fight interesting to me is the youth difference. When Marquadt and Hendo fought him they were on equal level in terms of being in their prime. I think Anderson isnt physically what he once was, and I think a young guy like Weidman is ready to take advantage of it.

I also think Anderson and his team know it too and thats why the Weidman fight has been held off like it has.

Last edited 2/11/13 8:38AM server time by lll-lll

Post #30   2/11/13 8:34:37AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4