Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

EXCLUSIVE (Part 3) | Anthony Pettis Dives Deep On The Passing Of His Father, Being A Father & More

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,902-1,122
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
MMA fans got to know a completely different side of Anthony Pettis and fighters in general when he appeared on the MTV series, “World of Jenks,” back in 2010. Camera crews followed Pettis around and chronicled his preparation for his bout with Danny Castillo. One of the most emotional segments of the show took place when Pettis discussed the death of his father who was murdered when he was just 16. It was one of the first times since MMA started breaking into the mainstream that we were offered a look into the heart and soul of a fighter. Fans were able to witness how close Pettis is with his mother, younger brother Sergio and head coach Duke Roufus. Since then Pettis has had a daughter of his own who is at the forefront of his mind at all times.

“In the fight game before my daughter was born I drew a lot of inspiration from my pops,” offered the BJJ purple belt. “I grew up for the most part in a single family household, my dad was pretty much in and out of my life. When he was there he was always a good dad and I always respected him. For the 16 years I had him in my life I developed a lot of him in me, a lot of what he taught me makes sense now. He’s still a big inspiration to me, before every fight I’m always at his grave talking to him. All the stuff they showed in the World of Jenks and even the UFC Countdowns is real, none of it is staged.”

LINK

Post #1   2/9/13 4:23:30PM