Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping disappointed by Belfort TRT revelations

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,916-1,128
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Michael Bisping has reacted with disappointment to the news that Vitor Belfort was granted a special exemption to undergo testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) prior to their UFC on FX 7 middleweight meeting.

Bisping, aware that a title shot against division champion Anderson Silva was his if he beat Belfort, instead suffered a second round technical knockout loss to the Brazilian - before it was later revealed that Belfort had been given a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) to bolster his testosterone levels using TRT.

With Belfort having tested positive for steroid use back in 2006 - a side-effect of which can be reduced testosterone levels - Bisping, while refusing to use the news as an excuse for his eventual defeat, admitted it was "very disappointing" to hear.

LINK

Post #1   2/9/13 4:16:39PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Bisping should be disappointed with his INABILITY to defend a head kick that Stevie Wonder saw coming a mile away......

Last edited 2/9/13 4:35PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/9/13 4:34:32PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,599-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
TRT shouldn't make anybody mad, my dad is almost 60 and he gets it, doesn't make him fight any better. I don't see my dad knocking Michael Bisping out with a head kick. I see this almost as the same as steroids in baseball, it's not natural but the roids don't enable the batter to keep his eyes on the ball. Stop complaining Mikey

Post #3   2/9/13 4:59:21PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

TRT shouldn't make anybody mad, my dad is almost 60 and he gets it, doesn't make him fight any better. I don't see my dad knocking Michael Bisping out with a head kick. I see this almost as the same as steroids in baseball, it's not natural but the roids don't enable the batter to keep his eyes on the ball. Stop complaining Mikey

my dad does it too. he felt like shit for a long time and now that his test levels are back to normal he feels great. if vitors levels were low for his age then there is absolutely no reason for him not to go ahead with TRT. im tired of all the ignorant people out there saying TRT is cheating.

Post #4   2/9/13 8:04:11PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Well done Bisping! Keeping it classy in his statement while bringing up a good point about past steroid abuse an trt. Anyone laying into him after reading this either hates bisping or hates common sense.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   2/9/13 8:08:32PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i always give mad props to fighters who dont use TRT..guys like Penn and Bisping will always have my respects..

Post #6   2/10/13 5:36:24PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i always give mad props to fighters who dont use TRT..guys like Penn and Bisping will always have my respects..

Post #7   2/10/13 6:37:17PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by hotrodttt

my dad does it too. he felt like shit for a long time and now that his test levels are back to normal he feels great. if vitors levels were low for his age then there is absolutely no reason for him not to go ahead with TRT. im tired of all the ignorant people out there saying TRT is cheating.

Well said....Bisping sounds like he's not getting enought attention from the Mrs....desperately seeking attention.

**** Having Tiki Ghosn as your right hand man doesn't help.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #8   2/10/13 7:08:56PM