Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cris 'Cyborg' Santos asks for release from UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:997-529
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Don't be scared, homie.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #16   2/10/13 11:17:50AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is them trying to strongarm the brass at Zuffa...making it abundantly clear that ahe will not fight at 135. These tactics have never succeeded with Zuffa and have almost always predated someone's fall from grace...in other words a very bad managerial decision. The situation is sticky, I know...the Rousey division and her first fight being a PPV spot over Hendo Machida is ridiculous, I agree...however WMMA has given me a fair amount of good times. I don't want to be an American hypocrite and be unsupportive of fun fighters because of some people's unwillingness to cooperate and others poor business decisions. I just enjoy seeing two talented fighters scrap. With the scarcity of the only WT Division that Zuffa is supporting for WMMA, and the complete lack of developement I am seeing in the UFC for WMMA, I just don't see it lasting very long at all...it's just a fucking shamefull trainwreck to watch.

Post #17   2/10/13 1:59:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I didn't know they actually signed her

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   2/10/13 6:18:14PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
UFC should gets some fights going at 145 too. If they really want to do something w/ Womans's MMA it wouldn't hurt to have rousey at 135 and cyborg at 145 and ultimately if they both remained dominant they could probably make the "super fight" happen down the line.

Post #19   2/11/13 1:12:49PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by prozacnation1978

Invicta she may go
But another super fight Ufc didn't make
I think if Ufc was to be more encouraging her to make the cut this may have played out
But Dana throwing a lot of cyborg is ducking and doesn't wanna face rousey.

Let's be honest Dana likes talking shit
And causing problems with fighters

The most unintentional, but, THE BEST haiku poetry I have ever read.....CHAELrrific!

That post as close to
haiku poem as Chael
to championship

Post #20   2/11/13 1:33:17PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I don't think this is a bad move. especially if she gets picked up by invicta since they'll let her fight at her natural weight. the UFC only is trying to capitalize on Rousey and Rousey alone. and in a year or 2 we'll see where that gets them with WMMA. bad move by the UFC having the one weight.

Post #21   2/11/13 6:12:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2