Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 158 lineup finalized with Ricci-Fletcher on PPV, Cote-Voelker on FX

Print  
Posted By Message

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,335-763
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The lineup, including the division of the main and preliminary cards, is set for March's big "UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz" event.

The event takes place March 16 at Montreal's Bell Centre, and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) meets Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC) in the headliner.

In addition to the pay-per-view main card, FX and Facebook carry the prelims.

LINK

Post #1   2/7/13 1:49:17PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,335-763
Chips:
Anyone else think it's ridiculous that Ricci/Fletcher is on the PPV? I mean if both guys had actually won their seasons of TUF that might be different but neither guy looked good in the finales and I'd say this is a facebook prelim at best

Post #2   2/7/13 1:52:42PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Yeah, I agree. Nothing against either Fletcher or Ricci - and let's be fair to the latter, as he moved up in weight for TUF. He might do better at 155, and I'm not opposed to seeing either of these guys fight. I'm just not sure I like it on the PPV.

Looking over the fights, what I see is a roughly fair spread of fights that seem exciting on paper when it comes to them being on PPV or free TV. Cruickshank / Makdessi in particular has a high potential for highlight violence, while Mein / Miller may be a striker's coming out party against a durable veteran who can still threaten with submissions. Cote / Voelker could be a war as well.

Hell, for all we know, Ricci's in good with the UFC brass. Maybe they're impressed by him fighting bigger guys just for the shot at TUF. And frankly, it's not the kind of fight that is likely to get folks on free TV to buy the PPV. But any of the others above might, and the 6 headliners are crazy good by themselves.

Post #3   2/7/13 2:20:57PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by isk

Yeah, I agree. Nothing against either Fletcher or Ricci - and let's be fair to the latter, as he moved up in weight for TUF. He might do better at 155, and I'm not opposed to seeing either of these guys fight. I'm just not sure I like it on the PPV.

Looking over the fights, what I see is a roughly fair spread of fights that seem exciting on paper when it comes to them being on PPV or free TV. Cruickshank / Makdessi in particular has a high potential for highlight violence, while Mein / Miller may be a striker's coming out party against a durable veteran who can still threaten with submissions. Cote / Voelker could be a war as well.

Hell, for all we know, Ricci's in good with the UFC brass. Maybe they're impressed by him fighting bigger guys just for the shot at TUF. And frankly, it's not the kind of fight that is likely to get folks on free TV to buy the PPV. But any of the others above might, and the 6 headliners are crazy good by themselves.

Good call. Cruikshank/Makdessi may be a FOTY sleeper pick.

Post #4   2/7/13 2:52:03PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,167-622
Chips:
I agree Cruickshank vs Makdessi would be a nice way to open up the PPV.
Cruickshank coming off an exciting KO of Henry Martinez and Makdessi winning very convincingly over Stout.

Post #5   2/7/13 3:37:49PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Suprised mein vs miller is facebook

And ricci vs Fletcher a ppv fight.

I was hoping cote vs voelker on ppv
But anyways decent ppv and fx prelims

Post #6   2/7/13 3:42:13PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Mein vs Miller on facebook is a travesty

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   2/8/13 12:01:15AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Post #8   2/8/13 10:32:30AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Bubbles

Rory must have pulled some strings to get Ricci on the main card.

Im sure Ricci returned the favour....

Post #9   2/8/13 11:09:57AM