Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC reveals Vitor Belfort used testosterone replacement therapy for UFC on FX 7

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,692-1,190
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
"TRT in MMA is just legalized cheating. T is both an anabolic steroid & a PED. Ridiculous loophole should be closed."

Dr. Johnny Benjamin
Nationally respected orthopedic spine surgeon and author. Best of all, I make complex medical issues easy to understand. Florida · http://www.drjohnnybenjamin.com

Post #16   2/7/13 10:44:58AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,914-1,109
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by snakeplissken

"TRT in MMA is just legalized cheating. T is both an anabolic steroid & a PED. Ridiculous loophole should be closed."

Dr. Johnny Benjamin
Nationally respected orthopedic spine surgeon and author. Best of all, I make complex medical issues easy to understand. Florida · http://www.drjohnnybenjamin.com

So it's official Michael Bisping is the greatest fighter in the history in the UFC, It's a shame he's only lost to old bums who have to use TRT to beat him, If not for TRT Bisping would have 2 losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon people Bisping beats Mid-tier fighters Leben,Rivera,Stann,Mayhem, Every fighter he's lost to are great fighters that have either had titles or fought for titles.TRT or Not Bisping lost his fights because the other guys are better fighters.I know a lot of you UK guys love him and he's boy and all and thats fine, but TRT is considered legal and the results won't be changed...So get over it, if you lose come back stronger don't piss and moan and make excuses.Vitor,Hendo,Wandy "at the time" and Chael IMO are all better than Bisping.

Why is it always a controversy when certain fighters lose ?

Post #17   2/7/13 10:58:46AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He didn't get hit with roids
Trt use is not cheating its legal
I don't always agree with it.

Post #18   2/7/13 11:06:28AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Coolhand37

they dont care about levels as long as you have a prescription hes a cheater plain i think he could have won without it his integrity will always be in question to me now. bisping didnt need it to fight because he is a real man.

The most certinly do care about your levels

On that topic, do you know what they were? Unless I suck at reading (I do), it didn't say what Vitor ended up testing. My issue is come fight night, if you're something like 4:1 then you are clearly using a drug for an advantage. I think that was the ratio they limit you to, but I could be wrong.

Post #19   2/7/13 2:55:25PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,008-629
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Even with the ratio at the legal level of 4:1 can somebody explain to me how this is ok because isn't the ratio of the average person 1:1?

I understand that it is currently legal but I don't like it. I may be wrong in what I have read but if it is true most people are at 1:1 then realistically anyone could get on TRT to raise their ratio to 4:1 and still test clean when there is a clear advantage.

I'm also fully aware that the fighters need a doctors approval for the procedure but which doctors say it's fine UFC doctors or any doctor the fighter goes to?

Post #20   2/7/13 3:11:27PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2