Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 157 Official Fight Card & Video Preview

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,180-704
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After four straight weeks of shows for Strikeforce and the UFC, Zuffa relaxes this week before returning next week in London.

But after that, get ready for a strong assault leading up to the hotly anticipated start of the women's era in the UFC.

"UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche" takes place at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Feb. 23. The main event is the first women's fight in UFC history as Ronda Rousey (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) puts her new UFC women's bantamweight title on the line against Liz Carmouche (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC). In the co-main event, Dan Henderson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) meets Lyoto Machida (18-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC). Also on the card, "The California Kid," Urijah Faber (26-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC), will feel the home-state love against Ivan Menjivar (25-9 MMA, 4-1 UFC).

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
Champ Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche - for women's bantamweight title
Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
Manny Gamburyan vs. Chad Mendes
Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   2/6/13 7:30:41AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,802-1,452
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Happy to see Lawler back in the UFC, but just horrible matchmaking here from Joe Silva with Koscheck. People want to see Lawler stand and bang, someone like Leben or Jared Hamman, even Cote before he dropped to WW

Post #2   2/6/13 8:22:35AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,554-985
Chips:

my buddy who usually springs for the PPV events says he refuses to order this card because he doesn't think "a couple cunts" should headline a UFC. Oh did i mention my buddy is a complete idiot. I hope he stays true to his words because i'd rather watch this card with my PG fam in the surprise van ye yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post #3   2/6/13 9:53:51AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,860-1,161
Chips:
Only been 3 times I didn't order a ppv in ten years.2 because I went live.1 because I was extremely broke.I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy this one. Reason is it has 2 things againstt it

1. The Suter shitty as f@ck main event. To me the only mma fight I want to see is Cyborg kill the Rusty hype train. Anything else could be a fuel card fight or Facebook fight.even that one.

2.this is 2 ppv in a month and I want to watch Diaz gsp over anything this card has to offer.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   2/6/13 10:03:43AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,920-1,662
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Happy to see Lawler back in the UFC, but just horrible matchmaking here from Joe Silva with Koscheck. People want to see Lawler stand and bang, someone like Leben or Jared Hamman, even Cote before he dropped to WW

Agreed. Koscheck is a terrible fight for him. I really wish they made Leben vs. Lawler.

Post #5   2/6/13 11:52:17AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,627-954
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ronda for the ladies
Uriah for the casual fan
Lyoto V Dan for the real mma fans
& a whole bunch of cruddy fights

I know they are trying to tap new markets but this card does little to excite me other than Dan Lyoto.

Post #6   2/6/13 12:32:25PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,627-954
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Shawn91111

Agreed. Koscheck is a terrible fight for him. I really wish they made Leben vs. Lawler.

Yup. Don't know why he's fighting Kos and don't know why he is fighting at 170. He maybe one and done.

Post #7   2/6/13 12:37:08PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,802-1,452
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Shawn91111

Yup. Don't know why he's fighting Kos and don't know why he is fighting at 170. He maybe one and done.

Damn I forgot this was at 170. Then the Cote fight would a been perfect for Lawler

Post #8   2/6/13 3:43:42PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,541-873
Chips:
I'm actually pretty excited for this card, love watching Rousey fight, and Carmouche is tough. but I don't see her having any chance of not getting arm bared.
Plus some of my favs with Mendes, Lawler, Schaub and Hendo and I'll give this card a buy

Post #9   2/6/13 6:58:45PM