Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture to Star in ‘MMA Rescue’ Series on Spike TV

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In addition to serving as one of four coaches on Bellator’s upcoming reality show, the UFC Hall of Famer has also been cast as the central character in another Spike TV reality program called “MMA Rescue.”

Ostensibly modeled after Spike’s “Bar Rescue” and “Tattoo Rescue,” the series will feature Couture traveling to fledgling gyms around the country to provide the proprietors with advice on how to make their businesses thrive. Spike will pilot the show with three one-hour episodes with the opportunity to do more. Kinetic Content will produce the show, and Couture and his manager, Sam Spira, have signed on as executive producers alongside Kinetic founder Chris Coelen.

Link

Post #1   2/5/13 6:59:09PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Good grief.

Post #2   2/5/13 8:59:53PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
yea i dont see this going far. i know some of us on the PG will watch it just because its MMA related, but i still dont see becoming anything big.

Post #3   2/6/13 12:04:38AM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
count me out

Post #4   2/6/13 2:23:23AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

yea i dont see this going far. i know some of us on the PG will watch it just because its MMA related, but i still dont see becoming anything big.

i'll watch it being a fan of Randy & mma in general but the average north american will be like "wtf is the dude from the Expendables doing in that all male brothel?"

Post #5   2/6/13 9:58:25AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
I'll watch the first episode to see how it is but I really don't see this show going anywhere. Spike has so many random, stupid shows.

Post #6   2/6/13 11:55:36AM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Maybe they'll start with extreme couture gym. I've only heard bad things from fighters about that gym.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   2/6/13 12:13:33PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I hope he goes to Hammer House and gets robbed by Baroni.

Post #8   2/6/13 12:21:25PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Maybe they'll start with extreme couture gym. I've only heard bad things from fighters about that gym.

lol...

Ultimately those "rescue" shows are just downright frustrating. What's the restaurant one, where the big dude shows owners it's not okay to have cock roaches and rats running rampant in your kitchen? Or that you actually have to cook food that tastes and looks good? Or you have to treat your customers as if they matter. I've never owned a restaurant before, but....

If RC walks into one gym after another and they are missing the obvious (like they don't have a BJJ coach or something), then this show will suck.

Post #9   2/6/13 4:55:20PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Posted by SpiderSilva

lol...

Ultimately those "rescue" shows are just downright frustrating. What's the restaurant one, where the big dude shows owners it's not okay to have cock roaches and rats running rampant in your kitchen? Or that you actually have to cook food that tastes and looks good? Or you have to treat your customers as if they matter. I've never owned a restaurant before, but....

Bar Rescue, Restaurant Impossible, and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares are all the shit. Mostly because those are shows that the girl and I can agree on and they get me away from Real Housewives. A lot of the time these people start out fine, but then stop caring and the quality suffers dramatically, besides, Restaurant Impossible is hilarious because anytime that dude says something about the food, you just add "so now I have to hit the weights, bitches" and it gets extra funny. With that said, I can't say I give two Mr. Hankies about MMA rescue....

Post #10   2/7/13 2:44:43PM