Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: 'They’ve got some work to do down there at Blackzilians'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
f"Blackzilians didn’t represent [at UFC 156]," White stated following Saturday’s press conference. "It was a bad night for them. In the first round, [Overeem] was running into a clinch. He wasn’t throwing anything. Running into a clinch, his hands were down by his knees. Yeah, it was a weird fight.

"I don’t know if he thought he could out-slick him and … I don’t know what he thought. He looked terrible. Both of them looked out of shape. Rashad did nothing but this all night (mimics catching jabs with hand). They had a bad night. They probably got to reevaluate some things in their camp."

"I think [Overeem] looked terrible [Saturday]. Rashad’s a great fighter, Rashad looked terrible, [too]. Yeah, I agree [Melvin Guillard wasn't good in his loss to Jamie Varner]," White said in closing. "They’ve got some work to do down there at Blackzilians. They’ve got some work to do. Vitor [looked good against Michael Bisping], but they didn’t look good."

LINK

Post #1   2/5/13 1:00:06PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,821-1,143
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Um. Most of em need to go back to I Jackson winkljohn.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   2/5/13 1:26:45PM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,356-1,407
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
when you stop juicing it affects your stamina and abilities so i dont see it as a surprise that overeem lost, he won the first round, he was winning the fight, he just got caught coming in, he underestimated silva and got caught, he is still and awesome fighter hats off to him losing on his shield rather than running away. Rashad looked good, he fought won of the best brazillian lightheavyweights in the world and lost, oh well, he should just take his loss and keep fighting, the real measure of a man is to come back from defeat, i am sure the blackzillians will comeback. Hell I'm still waiting for chuck to fight cain i know he could win!!!!!!!!!!!! hell I think frankie edgar beat aldo by one point honestly i viewed the fight and viewed the fight and i think he won, i think mccall won too dammitt, think edwards mighta been cheated judges need thicker glasses.
That is all!!

Post #3   2/5/13 2:24:20PM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:1,561-882
Chips:
Tell em Dana The Blackzilians fucking suck

Post #4   2/5/13 2:36:30PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
yeah the blackzillians looked terrible for sure. overeem looked good in the first round i thought, he had his hands too low but his head movement was great and silva wasnt landing anything. overeem was winning the clinch game too. his real mistake was i think he got to cocky and when his stamina started to diminish his head movement wasnt as fast. his lack of respect for the power of bigfoot as well as cardio problems were his downfall.

rashad just looked terrible all around i thought. i wasnt even impressed with little nog which made rashad's performance look even worse. his TD's were way off point and he looked like he didnt really want to be there.

Post #5   2/5/13 2:39:09PM   

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,286-898
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
Matt Mittrione looked bad against Roy Nelson too.

Posted by Coolhand37

when you stop juicing it affects your stamina and abilities so i dont see it as a surprise that overeem lost,

Totally agree.

Post #6   2/5/13 2:56:20PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
they appear to be a group of great fighters that think they are the shit & are not humble enough or grounded enough to push each other week after week, day after day. to get better.

Post #7   2/5/13 3:14:24PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

when you stop juicing it affects your stamina and abilities so i dont see it as a surprise that overeem lost, he won the first round, he was winning the fight, he just got caught coming in, he underestimated silva and got caught, he is still and awesome fighter hats off to him losing on his shield rather than running away. Rashad looked good, he fought won of the best brazillian lightheavyweights in the world and lost, oh well, he should just take his loss and keep fighting, the real measure of a man is to come back from defeat, i am sure the blackzillians will comeback. Hell I'm still waiting for chuck to fight cain i know he could win!!!!!!!!!!!! hell I think frankie edgar beat aldo by one point honestly i viewed the fight and viewed the fight and i think he won, i think mccall won too dammitt, think edwards mighta been cheated judges need thicker glasses.
That is all!!

I was kind of with you on the 1st couple of sentences.

Post #8   2/5/13 3:18:09PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Rashad looked good

Posted by Coolhand37

he fought won of the best brazillian lightheavyweights in the world and lost

Glover, Machida, Shogun.
Best Brazillian lightheavyweights in the world so he's the best Brazillian in the world? Best Brazilian? I'm confused here...

Posted by Coolhand37

Hell I'm still waiting for chuck to fight cain i know he could win!!!!!!!!!!!!

By this point I don't know why I'm still reading

Posted by Coolhand37
I think mccall won too dammitt, think edwards mighta been cheated judges need thicker glasses.

Both of the above fighters were outstruck by nearly 33%.

Posted by Coolhand37
That is all!!

Well I'm glad you put that is all or else I wouldn't have known you had finished your post

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #9   2/5/13 3:29:08PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

That is all!!

This is what the kids would call an EPIC FAILURE of a post.

kingsmusher, is that you????

30 posts in 5 years....thank god....oops, I mean thank CHAEL.

Last edited 2/5/13 5:13PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   2/5/13 5:13:06PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,931-1,117
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Coolhand37

That is all!!

This is what the kids would call an EPIC FAILURE of a post.

kingsmusher, is that you????

30 posts in 5 years....thank god....oops, I mean thank CHAEL.

Eh, Atleast he did use affect properly and not effect..

Also, a huge contradiction saying he was winning the fight until he got caught in the last round, So obviously being off the juice didn't affect his stamina,He just got caught ??? Juice don't help a chin.

Last edited 2/5/13 5:35PM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #11   2/5/13 5:33:44PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,918-1,308
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
I'm glad this happened to the Blackzillian camp. They came out too cocky from jump. I really think they might of taken these 2 fights lightly and therefore just went in with no game plan. Suga looked like crap but the best was OverRated getting KTFO on his feet and just taking a beatdown.

Post #12   2/5/13 6:34:01PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,838-1,586
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

f"Blackzilians didn’t represent [at UFC 156]," White stated following Saturday’s press conference. "It was a bad night for them. In the first round, [Overeem] was running into a clinch. He wasn’t throwing anything. Running into a clinch, his hands were down by his knees. Yeah, it was a weird fight.

"I don’t know if he thought he could out-slick him and … I don’t know what he thought. He looked terrible. Both of them looked out of shape. Rashad did nothing but this all night (mimics catching jabs with hand). They had a bad night. They probably got to reevaluate some things in their camp."

"I think [Overeem] looked terrible [Saturday]. Rashad’s a great fighter, Rashad looked terrible, [too]. Yeah, I agree [Melvin Guillard wasn't good in his loss to Jamie Varner]," White said in closing. "They’ve got some work to do down there at Blackzilians. They’ve got some work to do. Vitor [looked good against Michael Bisping], but they didn’t look good."

LINK

When he said both of them looked out of shape, is he referring to Rashad and Roid or Rashad and Lil Nog? I thought Lil Nog looked pretty good.

Post #13   2/5/13 8:07:07PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Overeem just was being over confident and payed for it. Rashad looked out of it the hole fight. I haven't seen anything out of Blackzillians that shows me the camp is improving them as fighters. I would go as far to say a couple of the guys looked worse since joining the team.

Last edited 2/5/13 8:26PM server time by telnights

Post #14   2/5/13 8:26:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Johnson lost
Meathead lost
Reem and Evans and guillard