Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Zoila Gurgel signs multi-fight deal with Invicta FC for April debut

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Zoila Gurgel (12-2) apparently is moving on from Bellator.

The 115-pound women's champ recently signed a multi-fight agreement with Invicta FC, sources close to the event confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Gurgel will face a to-be-announced opponent at the all-female promotion's fifth event, which takes place April 6. Though a venue and location have not been announced, and prevoius reports indicated the promotion's hope to expand its horizons, potentially for an event in California, the plan is for Invicta FC 5 to take place in Kansas City, Mo.

Bellator and Invicta officials could not be reached Monday evening for comment on the move. Gurgel most recently competed at flyweight for the tournament-based promotion at Bellator 83, where she was choked unconscious in 58 seconds by Jessica Eye.

LINK

Post #1   2/5/13 12:55:11PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I was very happy to see Eye handle her the way she did.

This is a good signing for Invicta but I'm still butthurt about those undeserved wins Zoila received in Bellator and I'll continue to root against her until she retires

Post #2   2/5/13 3:31:01PM