Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC's First Set of Official Rankings

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Anyone else think Jon Jones #2 P4P is off? I know the guy is great but he hasn't been great as long as Jose and George. There are so many factors. I hate rankings.

Post #16   2/5/13 10:25:58AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by postman

Anyone else think Jon Jones #2 P4P is off? I know the guy is great but he hasn't been great as long as Jose and George. There are so many factors. I hate rankings.

I know what your saying but when you look at the champions in there divisions you could really argue a case for any of the p4p 5 to be in any order.

People base there P4P on different things, some people look at stacked divisions, contendership clearance, dominant performances or if size wasn't an issue who's the best.

I base it on the latter. And Upon which case I can see why Jones hasn't proven without reach he'd be the best fighter. I think Dan Henderson if based on Size wouldn't be that successful, you tell me how many 1 punch killers there are in MMA with average TDD and a solid chin
You could argue he's a LHW Dodson. I had Rashad ranked highly in my P4P before his loss to Jones because he out wrestled Davis, that to me would be able to best him against a lot of the WW division, and if he ended up on the feet he was quick, he felt as good as Edgar. I remember Fitch being in my top 5 at one point as well, JDS was champion, Fitch was grinding everyone P4P I saw no way JDS could beat a HW Fitch, then I saw the Hendricks fight and wow I was wrong
Currently Machida sits in my top 6th in front of Mighty Mouse, Cain, Cruz. Do I think he'd out point them all in a P4P fight, yes. Machida is a very unique fighter, however I have Barao above Machida because I think in a P4P fight Barao would be able to do a shogun in the first fight and kick the leg etc.

P4P is very interesting and very opinionated.

I am interested in what you rank yours on and what your rankings are.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #17   2/5/13 10:55:09AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,812-1,098
Chips:
These are top ten contenders lists, not top-ten rankings.

The champ should be number one. not unlisted. Why did they do that?

Post #18   2/5/13 11:05:43AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,441-827
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by MuayThaiGeek13

Gegard is #10 LHW

It's something

Hahahaha

I know right? Bader got dropped and tapped by Tito and he is still ranked above Gegard.

Also, I may be in the minority here but I feel as though Chandler could beat everyone listed at LW. I know he is Bellator and will not be on the ranks regardless, just sayin.

Post #19   2/5/13 11:22:13AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,878-1,108
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I didnt take part in this, Ive emailed the UFC and I hope to take part in the next one, Ill let you know if they get back to me.

Post #20   2/5/13 11:32:59AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by postman

I know what your saying but when you look at the champions in there divisions you could really argue a case for any of the p4p 5 to be in any order.

People base there P4P on different things, some people look at stacked divisions, contendership clearance, dominant performances or if size wasn't an issue who's the best.

I base it on the latter. And Upon which case I can see why Jones hasn't proven without reach he'd be the best fighter. I think Dan Henderson if based on Size wouldn't be that successful, you tell me how many 1 punch killers there are in MMA with average TDD and a solid chin
You could argue he's a LHW Dodson. I had Rashad ranked highly in my P4P before his loss to Jones because he out wrestled Davis, that to me would be able to best him against a lot of the WW division, and if he ended up on the feet he was quick, he felt as good as Edgar. I remember Fitch being in my top 5 at one point as well, JDS was champion, Fitch was grinding everyone P4P I saw no way JDS could beat a HW Fitch, then I saw the Hendricks fight and wow I was wrong
Currently Machida sits in my top 6th in front of Mighty Mouse, Cain, Cruz. Do I think he'd out point them all in a P4P fight, yes. Machida is a very unique fighter, however I have Barao above Machida because I think in a P4P fight Barao would be able to do a shogun in the first fight and kick the leg etc.

P4P is very interesting and very opinionated.

I am interested in what you rank yours on and what your rankings are.

Honestly I'm not sure the last time I did my rankings. I just looked at the and at the time my pound for pound was as follows. (by the way I wonder what I was thinking at the time)

Anderson
Fedor
Penn
GSP
Hendo
Shogun
Torres
Big Nog
Yamamoto
Eddie Alverez

However I am very much in the boat with you in that I think it needs to be first be based on if all things were equal. Followed by resume of who they beat and were they would be located on a larger p4p list.

Post #21   2/5/13 12:48:38PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Frankie number 9 pound for pound list
What bullshit!!!
Losing last three and a draw gets you on pound for pound list??

How the hell do u go #4 featherweight
And #9 pound for pound ??

Post #22   2/5/13 2:27:56PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

These are top ten contenders lists, not top-ten rankings.

The champ should be number one. not unlisted. Why did they do that?

this is actually the only thing about the rankings i dont like. the only reason i can guess as to why they did this is to give one extra person per weight class some name recognition.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #23   2/5/13 3:05:59PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
You might as well write the LHW rankings backwards because that's about as much sense as it makes without CHAEL on top of them

Post #24   2/5/13 3:35:29PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,898-1,094
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
No Mark Hunt???

Post #25   2/5/13 4:00:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Funny....

I don't see Anthony Pettis's name next to "#1" on Featherweight....

I don't see Chael Sonnen's name next to "#1" on Lightheavy...

I don't see Rashad Evans next to "#1" for Middle....

You get the point.

Post #26   2/6/13 1:01:19AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mark Munoz a consensus top 5 MW?

The fuck?

Post #27   2/6/13 10:12:38AM   

Poor_Franklin