Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Is Joe Flacco a Elite QB?

Print  
Is he Elite
Yes 8 26%
No 23 74%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
as an angry broncos fan he got lucky to tie the game vs the broncos a few weeks ago on the last play of the game.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #16   2/5/13 10:18:49AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated
So, Dexter Jackson won a super bowl MVP as a kick returner people put too much merit into being really good for 1 big game, Elite IMO when you win league MVP's and put up the consistent stats while winning. Flacco appears to be a winner but he's not elite IMO.

he's been good for 5 years in the games that matter...playoffs. No he will never have top fantasy QB stats, but that isn't what makes a QB elite. Matt Stafford was a few yards shy of posting back-to-back 5000 yard seasons and will probably have more yards and TDs than Flacco at the end of his career, but does that make him a better QB than Flacco if everything else stays the same? Flacco I think has a better record than Brees and Rodgers in the playoffs, but those guys are considered elite.

He will never win an MVP because he isn't putting up the fantasy stats nor has the name value of the other guys. He's not "elite" yet, but he is pretty damn close

NFL records (5 years in the league)

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 92
Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6

Last edited 2/5/13 11:42AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   2/5/13 11:41:55AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

as an angry broncos fan he got lucky to tie the game vs the broncos a few weeks ago on the last play of the game.

conversely, the Broncos were lucky to get 2 return TDs to keep them afloat

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   2/5/13 11:43:28AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,883-1,084
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

So, Dexter Jackson won a super bowl MVP as a kick returner people put too much merit into being really good for 1 big game, Elite IMO when you win league MVP's and put up the consistent stats while winning. Flacco appears to be a winner but he's not elite IMO.

he's been good for 5 years in the games that matter...playoffs. No he will never have top fantasy QB stats, but that isn't what makes a QB elite. Matt Stafford was a few yards shy of posting back-to-back 5000 yard seasons and will probably have more yards and TDs than Flacco at the end of his career, but does that make him a better QB than Flacco if everything else stays the same? Flacco I think has a better record than Brees and Rodgers in the playoffs, but those guys are considered elite.

He will never win an MVP because he isn't putting up the fantasy stats nor has the name value of the other guys. He's not "elite" yet, but he is pretty damn close

NFL records (5 years in the league)

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 92
Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6

Lol starts ? Ok that has nothing to do with staying healthy and being the best QB on the team the year he was drafted.The other 3 stats hold weight but He's played on a consistent winning team.

Down by 5 with under 2 mins to go at to your own 20...Would you have Flacco in your top 5 to march you down the field ?

He's a top 10 really good QB, but not elite....Yet.

he checks down to his RB,FB,TE then lobs a bomb to Smith which draws a pass interference call 60% of the time or an ugly pass to Boldin that he makes a great catch on.

Last edited 2/5/13 1:26PM server time by iwannabesedated
2 total post edits

Post #19   2/5/13 1:12:46PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

conversely, the Broncos were lucky to get 2 return TDs to keep them afloat

Around the same as the tipped int return or the missed fg.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #20   2/5/13 1:21:03PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Down by 5 with under 2 mins to go at to your own 20...Would you have Flacco in your top 5 to march you down the field ?

I'd rather a QB that doesn't put his team in a position to need a 2-minute drill drive to win a game.

Post #21   2/5/13 2:23:47PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I'd rather a QB that doesn't put his team in a position to need a 2-minute drill drive to win a game.

It's a team game, There is defense too, How many times does a QB bring his team back only to have the D let the team other score then get put in that situation ??

But awesome job of avoiding the question to begin with.

Post #22   2/5/13 2:59:38PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

It's a team game, There is defense too, How many times does a QB bring his team back only to have the D let the team other score then get put in that situation ??

If you check my original response I already said I didn't think he was in the category of Elite.

I just took issue with your ridiculous comparison between him and Trent Dilfer.

Post #23   2/5/13 3:23:18PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by FlashyG

If you check my original response I already said I didn't think he was in the category of Elite.

I just took issue with your ridiculous comparison between him and Trent Dilfer.

The only reason i made that comparison, is because now that he won a super bowl people have this discussion on if he is elite.My point was Dilfer won a super bowl and he is far from elite.You don't have to be elite to win a super bowl. Really i think the word "elite" in general is kinda dumb.

It comes down to being clutch and making the plays when you need to.

Any team that has a QB that consistently wins and puts up decent numbers that they're not going to trade could be considered elite.

Manning is said to be "elite", but has a losing playoff record, While Flacco has a better playoff record...That doesn't make Flacco a better QB...I think it's basically an opinionated subject to begin with, with no real justification...I'd say Brady is "elite" but he choked this year.

Last edited 2/5/13 3:36PM server time by iwannabesedated
2 total post edits

Post #24   2/5/13 3:30:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:
Elite is a word that people try to throw around every Super Bowl & every World Series & every other Championship. it's ridiculous.

When I think of elite, I think of Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Nolan Ryan, etc......ELITE guys!!!! Not a guy that just won his 1st SB & had to tell us that he was elite before the season started.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #25   2/5/13 3:38:13PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Elite is a word that people try to throw around every Super Bowl & every World Series & every other Championship. it's ridiculous.

When I think of elite, I think of Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Nolan Ryan, etc......ELITE guys!!!! Not a guy that just won his 1st SB & had to tell us that he was elite before the season started.

Hey now, Nolan Ryan is the all-time walks leader and never won a cy young and also pitched for like 30 years...he ain't elite!!!!!!!!!!

Post #26   2/5/13 3:47:18PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hey now, Nolan Ryan is the all-time walks leader and never won a cy young and also pitched for like 30 years...he ain't elite!!!!!!!!!!

Post #27   2/5/13 4:00:14PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Lol well he is the walks leader,never won a cy young and did pitch in 4 different decades i do believe.The fact he never won a cy young he apparently was never the best pitcher in the league any of the years he pitched. In all fairness his pitching competition was fucking unreal though.

Post #28   2/5/13 4:16:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:
one can be elite w/out being the best in his day, ask Cristiano Ronaldo

Post #29   2/5/13 7:11:09PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

one can be elite w/out being the best in his day, ask Cristiano Ronaldo

Eh id disagree without another example. I dont follow soccer, so couldnt comment on Ronaldo

Post #30   2/5/13 7:46:30PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3