Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Aldo v Pettis

Print  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dana said in the post-fighter presser that Pettis texted him and wants to move down to 145 to fight Aldo.

To my mind that is as exciting a fight as could be made in MMA. What do you guys think about the match up?

Post #1   2/3/13 2:12:31AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
that shit would be crazy. i cant think of a more exciting matchup to be honest. i dont know what the cut would be like for pettis, but if he could do it, that fight would be incredible.

Post #2   2/3/13 2:20:20AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'd love to see it. Whether it's at 145 or 155.

Post #3   2/3/13 2:23:25AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,058-836
Chips:
i saw this coming. I believe Pettis came in a little light in the last fight and i was wondering if this was why.

Post #4   2/3/13 2:27:49AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Geez. He just finally made his way to the Henderson rematch.

Post #5   2/3/13 2:44:59AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I honestly think Pettis has a better shot at beating Henderson than he does at beating Aldo.

Post #6   2/3/13 2:50:29AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Can everyone just stay in their own divisions.

Post #7   2/3/13 2:53:06AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,423-873
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

First, I'd like to say that for some strange reason, looking at your av and then reading this, it made me I think primarily because your av perfectly reflects the tone that I imagine you making this statement in, and secondly, I think it is the association with South Park. Now, moving on, I love Pettis, and I love Aldo as fighters, they are two of my favorite fighters, and I would absolutely be overjoyed to see this fight. That said, again same as I said with Evans potentially getting a shot at Silva, Pettis should have to fight one fight at 145 first before the title shot. Unlike with the Edgar and the now foiled Evans situation, he hasn't ever held a UFC belt, same as the undeserved shot Sonnen got. Do I love the Pettis vs Aldo match up? As a fight fan, fuck yes I do. I love it about as much as Clinton likes women with a little extra meat on their bones. But as a fan of seeing people get title shots they deserve, no, I don't like it. He hasn't earned it in that weight class. He has, however, earned it at 155. Why not cash in on that and see how he does first before dropping to 145? I mean he's already got it. It's right there in front of him? Why would he do all the work at that weight class just to be like "Later bitches! I'm going to 145 now"

Post #8   2/3/13 5:23:08AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:625-338
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

First, I'd like to say that for some strange reason, looking at your av and then reading this, it made me I think primarily because your av perfectly reflects the tone that I imagine you making this statement in, and secondly, I think it is the association with South Park. Now, moving on, I love Pettis, and I love Aldo as fighters, they are two of my favorite fighters, and I would absolutely be overjoyed to see this fight. That said, again same as I said with Evans potentially getting a shot at Silva, Pettis should have to fight one fight at 145 first before the title shot. Unlike with the Edgar and the now foiled Evans situation, he hasn't ever held a UFC belt, same as the undeserved shot Sonnen got. Do I love the Pettis vs Aldo match up? As a fight fan, fuck yes I do. I love it about as much as Clinton likes women with a little extra meat on their bones. But as a fan of seeing people get title shots they deserve, no, I don't like it. He hasn't earned it in that weight class. He has, however, earned it at 155. Why not cash in on that and see how he does first before dropping to 145? I mean he's already got it. It's right there in front of him? Why would he do all the work at that weight class just to be like "Later bitches! I'm going to 145 now"

Maybe because he thinks he has a better chance of beating Aldo than Bendo ? He is already quite lean for a lw as is.

I cant actually decide which match up i would want to see though. Both are very good, but i have a feeling Bendo's wrestling could be a bigger problem than Aldo's leg kicks.

Post #9   2/3/13 6:20:06AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Maybe because he thinks he has a better chance of beating Aldo than Bendo ? He is already quite lean for a lw as is.

I cant actually decide which match up i would want to see though. Both are very good, but i have a feeling Bendo's wrestling could be a bigger problem than Aldo's leg kicks.

I myself think Bendo is the tougher fight, Aldo is hit or miss but Bendo is going to put him on the ground again.

Post #10   2/3/13 11:18:10AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I myself think Bendo is the tougher fight, Aldo is hit or miss but Bendo is going to put him on the ground again.

Again?

Post #11   2/3/13 12:19:49PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Bendo vs Pettis 2 first, pending if Bendo beats Gil.

But, if something gets in Dana's head, who knows what the hell he'll do.

I think the matchup can wait, Aldo eventually going to move to 155. Both Aldo and Pettis are fairly young.

Let Pettis try and rule 155 and then if he does, then they could possibly fight, 145 or 155.

Post #12   2/3/13 1:23:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Guys like lamas and Swanson need their due
I would rather see Pettis vs Benson rematch
Guys need to stick to one weight class
I'm glad Evans lost weidman now gets his shot

Post #13   2/3/13 1:24:41PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by sbulldavid

Again?

He put him on his back often in that fight.

Post #14   2/3/13 3:21:04PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Chips:
The already confused title picture finally woke up and said fuck it

Post #15   2/3/13 3:22:56PM