Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bas Boon - “If Overeem does not knock Silva out in the first three minutes of this fight, I think Silva wins.”

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:
Just some of the picks for UFC 156.

Bas Boon - “If Overeem does not knock Silva out in the first three minutes of this fight, I think Silva wins.”

Ryan Couture (6-1, Son of UFC Hall of Famer) – “Aldo vs. Edgar is an excellent match up and a fight that I’m really looking forward to. I think that Frankie will use his wrestling advantage to keep Aldo from getting his kicking game going. Between that and his phenomenal conditioning, I expect him to put Jose on his back in all five rounds on his way to winning a decision.”

Shayna “The Queen of Spades” Baszler (15-8, FCF Women’s Bantamweight Grand Prix Champion) – Frankie is one of my favorite fighters so I will be cheering for him. Although I think Jose wins this one.

Chris Bradford (Owner/Head Trainer – Top Tier Muay Thai) - Great match-up and I am going to have to go with Aldo via stoppage.”

Matt Lindland (22-9, US Olympic Silver Medalist) – “I must admit that I am an Edger fan and thought he won the rematch against Henderson. I see Frankie taking this one by decision but it should be a fun and interesting fight.”

Mark Pavelich (CEO of Maximum Fighting Championship) - “It would be cool if Edgar won but I like both fighters, there both awesome and it should be an exciting fight.”

Here are the rest - UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar – Preview and PDG Guest Panel Picks

Post #1   2/2/13 4:39:16AM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,004-584
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Edgar vs. Aldo will be an excellent fight. I'm really looking forward to this one. Edgar takes it in the later rounds.

Post #2   2/2/13 9:50:07AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Chips:
I second that notion hands down

Post #3   2/2/13 3:26:21PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I got aldo. Difficult to take down and hard to compete with in a striking match. I give Edgar a pretty good chance though considering the layoff Aldo is coming off of. His cardio may not be as good as it otherwise could be and there is always the potential for ring rust as well. That said, I think Aldo, if he comes in looking like he has recently, he wins. Better striking and exceptional take down defense, and I think his leg kicks can play a very important part of the fight. I think after eating a few leg kicks from Aldo, all of Edgar''s great footwork and wrestling will go out the window and aldo will be taking pot shots at him from there.

Post #4   2/2/13 6:53:57PM