Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana happy to never work with Couture again

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by the-king

well i bet ryan couture doesnt last long now

I didn't see him lasting long in the first place. However bellator IMO would be a better venue for Ryan.

Post #16   2/1/13 9:51:45AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,393-1,324
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm disappointed in Dana, but not surprised. This is typical.

The guy is a legend, but Dana still has to take a shot at him. Personally, I don't care how much bad-business there is between them, Randy has moved on and this is exactly the type of situation where Dana should show some maturity and hold his tongue.

Post #17   2/1/13 11:10:27AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out Dana is just trolling to get people upset. Competition is great for sports. UFC will have higher ppv buys, better tv ratings, and more money to go around if Bellator does well. Especially considering it's not even a head to head kind of thing. It's good for the sport, good for Bellator, good for ZUFFA, and good for the fans. I have no doubt that Randy Couture is appreciative of what the UFC has done for him. The guy can still take a job wherever he wants and it looks like Bellator is that job at the moment. Bellator's finances are incredibly different from Strikeforce and Pride. No way will ZUFFA go out and buy those guys anytime soon without having to break the bank.

Post #18   2/1/13 11:25:41AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Post #19   2/1/13 2:36:06PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by the-king

well i bet ryan couture doesnt last long now

I didn't see him lasting long in the first place. However bellator IMO would be a better venue for Ryan.

Ryan's next fight will probably be an open weight bout vs the Reem

Post #20   2/1/13 2:43:23PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Dana White has done his job in this interview, It is clear to me that Couture is an ear who will infiltrate Bellator and report back to Dana as Zuffa move in to purchase their biggest MMA rivals.

When the UFC are making as much money as they are today, an element of Business politics comes into play in order for the media to keep painting an honest picture to all those looking in. Couture going to Bellator is a great move for the UFC to get an insider into the company and find any holes that may lead to a take over by Zuffa should that day ever come to pass.

Post #21   2/1/13 4:15:23PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
Bellator FC RIP

2008-2014.

Post #22   2/2/13 4:04:42PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,477-1,379
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Dana White has done his job in this interview, It is clear to me that Couture is an ear who will infiltrate Bellator and report back to Dana as Zuffa move in to purchase their biggest MMA rivals.

When the UFC are making as much money as they are today, an element of Business politics comes into play in order for the media to keep painting an honest picture to all those looking in. Couture going to Bellator is a great move for the UFC to get an insider into the company and find any holes that may lead to a take over by Zuffa should that day ever come to pass.

1. The UFC doesn't need a mole inside the company to find "holes" in Bellator for them to exploit...They just need to counter program their Thursday night broadcasts and Viacom will sell them off as soon as they are losing money on the venture.

2. Randy Couture is not going to Bellator to be a mole for the UFC...he's going to Bellator because they are going to pay him more money, and give him more time in the spotlight.

Post #23   2/2/13 4:20:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2