Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rampage Jackson: UFC lies about its pay-per-view numbers

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

I think it is a little crazy that they can hide these numbers. If you are paying people a % of what you sell you should have to report those numbers IMO.

They don't release the number publicly. Being a private company affords them the right not to. Every fighter that gets a PPV cut knows what the numbers are though...AND has the right to an audit. It's in their contract. If Rampage really believes what he's saying, he has the legal right to challenge what the UFC payed him. I think he just likes to run his mouth though, so I doubt we'll see that.

Thats what I figured. Didn't make sense they could do it any other way.

Post #16   1/31/13 3:07:02PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,135-1,197
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If the UFC was lying to the press, one of the many reporters covering the sport would have uncovered it by talking with the fighters.

If they were lying to the fighters they'd be getting sued by them.

When a guy on his way out of an organization starts slinging mud like this, I tend to think its sour grapes. I'd be more inclined to believe his claim if it were coming from someone who doesn't have an ax to grind.

Post #17   1/31/13 3:32:25PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Rampage has made himself a joke among the very people that support him. Rampage really needs to get someone that stands next to him in interviews and says STFU every time he starts down this conspiracy road because he is doing nothing but hurting his own image.

Post #18   1/31/13 3:57:04PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

If the UFC was lying to the press, one of the many reporters covering the sport would have uncovered it by talking with the fighters.

If they were lying to the fighters they'd be getting sued by them.

When a guy on his way out of an organization starts slinging mud like this, I tend to think its sour grapes. I'd be more inclined to believe his claim if it were coming from someone who doesn't have an ax to grind.

I agree with this.

He's just being childish.

Post #19   1/31/13 4:00:25PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:988-579
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Rampage is like the psycho ex girlfriend that gets dumped, then continues to tell everyone who will listen that she is happy to have broken up and that she has moved on, yet continues to bad mouth the ex for years to anyone who will listen.

Post #20   1/31/13 4:16:03PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by finnish_line

Posted by FastKnockout

Eh, I kind of agree with him. There's no real proof but I always assumed the UFC added some numbers to the real PPV buys. Why wouldn't they? The "we just say that to the press" wouldn't be that much of a shocker.

If they added buys to the real number they'd have to pay fighters more than they're required to.

Rampage is accusing the opposite.

He's saying its one or the other.

Either they lie to the press to be impressive OR they lie to the fighters to short change them. He claims the UFC claims that they lie to the press and are honest with the fighters.

Seems like a convenient way for Rampage to say that, no matter what, the UFC is lying. Astounding how far my opinion of Rampage has dropped.

Post #21   1/31/13 6:27:16PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I call BS - - first off, Rampage can't count....Secondly, the UFC's PPV numbers are sooo large that it would be impossible for Rampage to use his fingers and toes to total up the numbers....IMPOSSIBLE.

Lesson to be learned kids......Can Rampage count? Nah......Can Rampage spell? Only 4 letter acronym's......like LAPD

Post #22   1/31/13 7:38:34PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

I think it is a little crazy that they can hide these numbers. If you are paying people a % of what you sell you should have to report those numbers IMO.

They don't release the number publicly. Being a private company affords them the right not to. Every fighter that gets a PPV cut knows what the numbers are though...AND has the right to an audit. It's in their contract. If Rampage really believes what he's saying, he has the legal right to challenge what the UFC payed him. I think he just likes to run his mouth though, so I doubt we'll see that.

This

Post #23   1/31/13 11:16:20PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Blah blah blah blah owwwwwwwww....t of his mind.

Post #24   2/1/13 8:17:22PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2