Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Belfort update

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Vitor Belfort is doing fine. Resting his body after the easy victory over Ivan Serati at Cage Rage 21, on the 21st of April (where the Brazilian got the takedown, took the back and ended the battle with a series of punches), Vitor is keeping in shape lifting weights every day and training at a reduced load, once or twice a week.

At the same time, he is keeping his head busy, whether it be with his definitive move to birthplace of Rio de Janeiro (Vitor was living with wife Joana Prada and son Davi in the land of his father, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais), or with the production of the program “Linha Direta” on the disappearance of his sister, Priscila. Besides that, the Brazilian is being tipped to fight for the under 93kg belt at the English event, against the vanquisher of Cyborg at the last Cage edition, James Zikic.

“Everything is great. We are negotiating some good new things, which should be happening soon. I am also completing my move from Minas to Rio, I am very happy," Belfort says over the telephone, wearing the long hair that, in the ring, he wore braided.

On the under 93 kg UFC belt decision, which was his in 2004, Belfort approved of the result, a knockout by Quinton Rampage over the champion Chuck Liddell at 1 min 53 sec of battle. “I did watch the fight, and I liked the result. Quinton deserved it, took full advantage of his chance and is to be congratulated. And there is nothing you can do against a well-placed blow, it ends there. He proved it was his evening," the Black House athlete sums up.

Post #1   6/4/07 11:15:02AM